Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Hiut jeans – anyone wearing them?
  • Vader
    Free Member

I have been perusing their website and thinking about buying a pair of the regular jeans – pretty expensive but made in wales and probably going to last a fair while. Has anybody got a pair? The alternative would be a pair of Howies which are cheaper but I do like the idea of a pair made in the uk

Mens

5thElefant
    Free Member

How much!? I could buy a lifetimes supply of jeans for that.

MrSmith
    Free Member

The alternative would be a pair of Howies which are cheaper but I do like the idea of a pair made in the uk

There are a few other U.K. Made selvage denim jeans out there, Albam, TenderCo, Dawson etc. The fabric isn’t made here though as there are no denim shuttle looms in the country (happy to be proved wrong) and the best fabric usually comes from Okinawa in Japan or Cone Mills in the US.

theotherjonv

One pair of decent jeans is practically a lifetime’s supply……

I do like the idea of a pair made in the uk

If you can get past that, have a look at Gustin – direct to customer model a bit the same as Hebtroco but with various different selvedge denims in cuts and sizes made to your measurement. You need to create an account to see pricing, and while the $ to £ has taken a battering (thanks Brexiteers) they’re still pretty well priced in comparison, even with shipping and duty.

https://www.weargustin.com/

maccruiskeen

The fabric isn’t made here though as there are no denim shuttle looms in the country

or cotton fields. 🙂

pigyn
    Free Member

I have a pair of Huit, they are ace. They were bought in a seconds sale although I can’t tell what is supposed to be wrong with them.
    They were supposed to be a special smart pair but they got dried with a crease after their first wash. Very obvious line down the middle. Our bad, but it won’t go away.. so now they are my everyday jeans and are better than ever now they are wearing in a little 😀

njee20
    Free Member

Your mistake there being that you washed them!

brant
    Free Member

We have about 30 yards of the last denim woven in Pecket Well above Hebden Bridge.
    We will make something out of it one day.

hebtro.co

CountZero

How much! 😯
    Bugger that, I can buy three pairs of Japanese selvedge jeans for the cost of the cheapest of those Hiut jeans!
    http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/173890
    And they fit me just fine, they’re no different to my original 501’s in fit and comfort.

everyone
    Free Member

Brant, sign me up for some proper Yorkshire jeans!

pigyn
    Free Member

Njee20, it was after about 6 months…

chewkw
    Free Member

I am going to make my own jeans coz non of the jeans really suit my purpose.

I want multiple pockets that are functional.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I am going to make my own jeans coz non of the jeans really suit my purpose.

I want multiple pockets that are functional.

Please post up a pic of your efforts.

pb2

£230 is silly,if you want British artisan clothing without pissing your money away try this lot.

http://communityclothing.co.uk/about-us/

£65 gets you 13.5oz selvedge denim hand made in the north west.

CountZero

£230 is silly,if you want British artisan clothing without pissing your money away try this lot.

http://communityclothing.co.uk/about-us/

£65 gets you 13.5oz selvedge denim hand made in the north west.
    Now that’s more like it! Those jeans look almost identical to the Uniqlo ones, free from any fancy stitching or logos, very plain and simple, just the way I like them, and they do a 34″ leg, too.
    Bookmarked, thank you.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Christ, hebcotro is real? I assumed it was a spoof.

WTF is wrong with the world.

Get yourself doon tae TKMaxx.

yossarian
    Free Member

My brother in law who knows his denim etc (makes totally bespoke clothing for a living) reckons that, unless you spend a least couple of hundred and do your homework in the quality etc, uniqlo offer the best quality anywhere on the high street.

chewkw
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Get yourself doon tae TKMaxx.

A lot of their jeans are light weight …

dirtyrider
    Free Member

One pair of decent jeans is practically a lifetime’s supply……

not really, i cannot make a pair last a year without a (snigger) blown crotch, and I’ve been through numerous pairs of APC and Flatheads

duckman

Theotherjonv; thanks for that lead! Any idea how they size up?

mechanicaldope

I hope you lot are all under 30…

duckman

I like the idea of CC as well. It may be blasphemy, but the Gap Selvedge are nae bad and always 20% off if you sign up for email.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

😆 Genius Al!

Have you seen the £150 belt?

FFS thats taking the piss on an even higher level.. 🙄

I’m guessing you get a tin of snake oil with them to rub into the leather…

theotherjonv

Theotherjonv; thanks for that lead! Any idea how they size up?

Slightly bigger than the label size, to allow for a bit of shrinkage, but there’s a full geometry table for each of their 3 fits.

https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide?filter=jeans

noshki

Got a couple of pairs of Hiut denim and really like them. They do free repairs on their jeans (crotch repaired on one of my pair). Not much to add, they’re comfy after a bit of wear. You could go the whole don’t wash for the first few months if you want to be all hipster and it is nice to support British manufacture.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Teetosugars – Member

[/quote]

I kid you not Nick!

brant
    Free Member

FFS thats taking the piss on an even higher level..

I’m guessing you get a tin of snake oil with them to rub into the leather…

Cheers for the kind words Nick.

BTW – pair of HebTroCo’s for the winner of the #forjenn auction

Final Update: Yeti SB5c Auction Finishes 31st October!

boltonjon

Had my Hiut jeans for about 3 months and love them

I’m a real gangly size so was really pleased to get something in my leg length and they fit really well

I was a bit nervous about the whole “do not wash for 6 months” warning but they still don’t smell so i’m happy!

I only went for the £150 pair and don’t regret spending that much

Brant – i’d be keen on some HebTroCo jeans 🙂

nickc

Yep, looks lovely. I don’t get the attitude really, yes you can buy a £20 belt, Brant and Ed aren’t saying you can’t, but if you want clothes that are UK made and actually support workers on living wages, then you can’t be paying £20 for it. Plus, as some one pointed out up there, it’ll last your lifetime and you could probs give it to your son for him to wear.

Brant, sign me up for a pair of jeans, cheers

ElShalimo

There was an article on the BBC recently about a guy trying to set up a denim company in Nimes, France.
    Worth a read if you’ve got 5 mins
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37523552

ads678

Why do all these jeans have turn ups? Surely if you’re spending that sort of money you could get the right size??

DezB
    Free Member

I really don’t understand a single word of this thread.

doris5000

Why do all these jeans have turn ups? Surely if you’re spending that sort of money you could get the right size??

It’s fashionable!

Also there’s no other way to demonstrate that you’re wearing selvedge jeans, which are very expensive thus show off how much moolah you must have.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I thought nobody over the age of 30 was as allowed to wear jeans…?

BobaFatt
    Free Member

230 quid for a pair of jeans?

I’ll be glad when the fashion for overly expensive ways to show that you’re a manly man is in the dust.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Gustin – …….denims in cuts and sizes made to your measurement.
    https://www.weargustin.com/

Really? Their fit guide just shows one length for each waist size. Doesn’t make much sense. bigger waists have longer legs – why not make them all the same length? Most customers are going to have to have them hemmed on the larger waists but they exclude the tall and slim.

slowoldman

I would expect someone to come round to my house to measure me up at that price.

To think people whinge about the mark up on macs!

theotherjonv

Really? Their fit guide just shows one length for each waist size. Doesn’t make much sense. bigger waists have longer legs – why not make them all the same length? Most customers are going to have to have them hemmed on the larger waists but they exclude the tall and slim.

What i meant is that they only make a batch once it’s fully funded; so there aren’t x pairs of 30″, y pairs of 32″, z pairs of 34″, and so on, they will use up their run of material making the sizes that customers have ordered.

Length are as you say fixed (34″ for ‘small’ sizes or 36″, so basically pretty long) I guess it’s either assumed you’ll turn them up or have them hemmed if you want a no turnup finish. How tall do you have to be that a 34″ is too short?

brant
    Free Member
    ChrisHeath

I don’t get the attitude really, yes you can buy a £20 belt, Brant and Ed aren’t saying you can’t, but if you want clothes that are UK made and actually support workers on living wages, then you can’t be paying £20 for it.

Yep, this.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Hiut jeans – anyone wearing them?’ is closed to new replies.