Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 215 total)
  • Hit t'North
  • iDave
    Free Member

I buggered off as soon as I finished as my car is shit in snow, but cracking event, lovely course etc.

Well done chaps.

Enjoy the beer and curry.

iDave
    Free Member

PS – great to see so many clown bikes out, with their skinny tyres and road race handlebars 😉

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Aye it was a good race, speed if the top lads was inspiring

jamiew84
    Free Member

Was good fun! Great course and smiling marshals always makes it for me. Cheers guys!!

Think i might start with the masses of elites next year!

sambob
    Free Member

Superb event, cheers all. Now home and it’s snowing, had to get away sharpish. Any idea when results will be up?

Clover

It was fab. Even on a comedy bike 😉

ton

idave, which one were you?
    and why did you not say hello?

DrP

Myself and EVA are in the church inn if anyone fancies joining us!
    Binners just left us as his cave gets blocked in by snow or something x

DrP

Junkyard
    Free Member

ton which one were you and why did you not say hello 😉

Hope your feet have warmed up

Clover

Wanted to stop and say hi too but we had to try and get home before the snow stopped play… In the event it was fine once we’d shoved the blue camper up the hill in front of us so we could leave the park. Hope it made it the rest of the way (and everyone else made it off the site ok).

iDave
    Free Member

ton – I said hello at the bottom of the hill you were stood at but then I cleared off before snowmageddon hit hard. Next time.

On a black Charge Duster, blue and white ZIpvit Sport top.

Pook

Dr p, on my way!

ton

idave, i remember mate, quite a few zipfit riders weren’t they?

2hottie
    Free Member

Loved it! Great track enjoyed the downs not to much bottle necking. Might have seen a few. People off here I was on a black kona with a blue gilet on. Big thanks to all involved last event in the uk for me also cheers for pushing our blue BMW up the hill! Top top day out!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Another fantastic event, top marks to ALL involved, the cheering marshals and the banter out on course.
    Sorry I couldn’t hang around to collect my 2nd place goody bag what with the organisers trying to get everyone up the steep snowy road.
    Glad I parked in the Rugby Club now after seeing the carnage.
    Thanks for saying you will post it out or I can collect. Your call.

Thanks again for the best event of the year

sefton
    Free Member

just got out of a hot bath 😀

firstly – big up to the organisers & marshals (super smooth event) top work guys!.

great course (crewel at times but how much fun where those switchbacks)!!!

crackin sausage/blackpud – hotdogs too

10mins over for 4 laps 🙁

Craig.

lipseal
    Free Member

That was bloody brilliant, I’m defo doing it next year. I might even get 4 laps in next year. 😀

lipseal
    Free Member

BTW Who suggested mud tyres? 😐

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Finally got up the snowy road from the car park.

Must say that I am seriously impresssed at the event you have put on with THAT amount of riders.

The course was excellent – the carnage with the cross bikes at the front on the first icy/rutted descent was amazing.

The marshalls were excellent and encouraging. The muddy run up at the end of the lap was the only weak point.

The amount of riders at the end in the bushes was staggering.

Well done chaps !!!! you did yourself proud.

(you may have created a monster) 🙂

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

I to made a sharp exit back to North Wales. Well it’s not like I was getting a prize! Great event with a wonderful atmosphere. Big respect for anyone competing on a cx bike. Will be back next year. Great to meet TJ as well…

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Great fun.
    Great to see everyone, & I too made a quick getaway.- glad I parked at the Rugby Club.
    Sorry TeeJ for not catching up with you after- would have been good to see you again.

Bloody cold.
    But awesome.
    Nice and snowy..

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Cracking event, big thanks to all involved, especially the marshals whose encouragement was greatly appreciated. The course was great with bits that suited MTB’s and CX pretty equally but tut, tut, tut to whoever broke the tape in order to avoid the rocky slabs section. The bands were great too, cheers again to all who made this event possible.

postierich
    Free Member

Top event would have loved a beer afterwards but my daughter and partner were freezing so headed back oop north. Some strange choice of bikes out there today, skinny wheels no thanks gears well maybe.
    Shame on you lurkers @ the end and was it really only 3.5 miles?

Rich

MrSparkle

Fantastic event as always. Massive Kudos to Terrahawk and Harry the Spider. It was great to see so many familiar faces there too. Despite freezing my nads off it was even great marshalling! Bloody well done to everyone who organised/marshalled/took part. Happy days.

PS Event pics now up on the Sport sunday website: http://www.sportsunday.co.uk/hit-the-north-2012

Vortexracing

Superb event lads again.

Thought the snow would have been here (in Chorley), but it’s just rained on top of the Ice and froze again. The roads and footpaths round here are lethal.

Same again next year Terra and HTS please. 😉

nbt

To those who made a sharp exit, good choice – it was about an hour before the road was clear enough for us to move, it was going on for 2pm before we got to the rugby club. It was great to see everyone chipping in though and pushing stuck vehicles.

I have over 1000 pics from the youth race and the main race to go through (I was on the stretch between the main field down to the point where the main start was), however unlike sportsunday I’m not a professional so it might be a while before I weed out the crap (and there’s a lot of crap, believe me) and get them uploaded. As a non-racer I thought it was an excellent event – hard and fast on the ground seemed to be great conditions for racing, and I could see that the top lads seemed to be passing the slower riders without much problem. Summer’s nicer for taking pics though.

right, eng v scotland is abut to kick off and I have a new phone to play with courtesy of a very nice man, so the pics will have to wait sorry

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Great event,was watching on the bike, some photos.

Top four on first lap

Some random riders

Jocko
    Free Member

Great event, lovely atmosphere, 2nd year and looking forward to 3rd.

Handsomedog
    Free Member

A great event, fantastic mornings entertainment.

HitTheNorth2012_Sen_008 by britishcycling.org.uk photos, on Flickr

I was there photographing for British Cycling. Pictures will shortly be available to view HERE.

The pictures will also be available for purchase through my website in the next hour or so.

postierich
    Free Member

Not to sure why I,m smiling

Hit the North Picture by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Handsomedog
    Free Member

I’ve just found this one…

HitTheNorth2012_Sen_139 by britishcycling.org.uk photos, on Flickr

Who’s this then?!

MrSparkle

Postierich – Automatic response to seeing a photographer… Plus you were enjoying it!

lipseal
    Free Member

That would be me, first time on a single speed! 😆
    Could you email it pretty please?

DFaffMaster

Great fun today. Especially weaving round the cyclo cross riders on the descents. They weren’t half quick up those hills though!

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Sorry lipseal, I can’t do freebies these days 🙁

You can get it through here once they’ve finished uploading. Pays for my kit, transport etc etc.

lipseal
    Free Member

No probs, worth an ask though 😉

Harry_the_Spider

Blimey. What a day!

Thanks to everyone who supported us. Riders, sponsors, marshalls, caterers, BC, the bands and everybody who got involved in digging the cars out and clearing the course.

Too knackered to say much else.

Here are some photos.

Guy Martin

Rusty Spanner

Binners

John Climber

TJ

Brant’s blow up doll

miner29er
    Free Member

Mega thanks to all marshals and organisers for a great day. And a big thank you especially to the young marshal pointing us thro the tunnel -she gave me tons of encouragement on every lap 🙂

rangerbill

Great day out, no hideous cramp this year. Think I managed an extra lap as well. Anyone know when were results are out? Thanks to all the car pushers, once the gritter came it was a piece of the proverbial to get out. Just off out for a dinner party, hopefully won’t leap up and yell in pain when the cramp sets in.
    See you next year

Jamie
    Free Member

Binners?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘Hit t'North’ is closed to new replies.