Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Hit the north – the rules are biased! Unfair! Discrimination!
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Well myself and Slowoldgit of this parish want to enter on a tandem – however on perusing the rules we see this:-

Any sort of bike as long as it has two wheels and one rider.

Now thats just not on. I think we have a case under the disability discrimination act. After all I need somone else on the bike to act as the brains of the enterprise. Its not my fault this is so. So this is pure discrimination. Who do I complain to?

Competitors must exercise sound, mature judgment being responsible

and thats not much better. I mean really . Discrimination aginst those who do not have sound mature judgement. Pffttppptp!

Competitors must be adequately clothed at all times. No naked or topless riding.

What!!!!!!!!! No fair!!!!!!!

Helmets must be fastened before the competitor’s cycle is moved onto the course from the corral and must remain fastened until the cycle is returned to the corral.

ha ha – but it doesn’t say what they must be fastened to 🙂 – a tree? Ones elbow?

so – I think these people with their disgraceful discriminatory behaviour should be hounded within an inch of something. Lets start a campaign!

Index

iDave
    Free Member

Does a string vest count as ‘adequately clothed’?

JonR
    Free Member

Helmets must be fastened before setting off.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Indeed jon – but it doesn’t say they have to be on your head 😈

binners

Its definitely Tandemist!

Competitors must exercise sound, mature judgment being responsible

That, quite frankly, would ensure no entries. WTF would anyone exercising sound, mature judgment be doing in a muddy field in Prestwich in February!

You don’t think they’re trying t pull a Catch 22 style fast one here, do you?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The following offences will cause automatic disqualification from the event.
    a. Threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct

Not allowed to heckle or abuse Hora? Ah come on it’s the only reason I’m coming all that way in bloody winter! Please don’t spoil my fun! 🙁

c. Dangerous conduct/riding/quote]

What, no deliberately pushing someone in the bush (© French Juan 2009)?

e. Failing to obey marshals or the police

Ain’t no Babylon gon tell me what to do. Cha…

f. Nudity (Without prior permission)

This I approve of wholheartedly. Many HtNers bodies willunt have seen the sun in months, and be proper ‘orrible all pasty and flabby and blotchy. 😡

g. Outside assistance on the course

Can’t have someone else push my bike up the steep bits then?

h. Tampering with the equipment of others

Ah come on! Why ever not? Some of ’em may even enjoy it!!!

i. Unsporting impedance

So, no Alonso V Schumacher Imola 2005 stylee then? I’m not having bloody Binners pass me, even if me bike’s borked…

Harry_the_Spider

We’ve relaxed the rules on tandems after receiving some frankly quite bizarre emails from up near the North Pole. Probably best just to let him and his contraption in rather than have to rake out my inbox on a daily basis.

The rule on unicycles still stands. Can’t be doing with them, their silly woolly hats or their spontaneous acts of juggling.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

All seems a bit dodgy to me

Harry_the_Spider

Please stop emailing me.

Please.

Clover

Those are the rules? Why was I told they were here?

http://www.m-bike.org/blog/2011/11/29/1895-donts-for-women-riders/

Harry_the_Spider

While I’m on… If anyone wants a FREE high chair I’m your man! You don’t have to race and win it, you can just have it.

FREE

No unicycles. Worth making the point again.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Is anyone actually going to ‘race’ or is it just turning into another attention seeking ‘lookatmeImsowacky’ fest in the name of ‘fun’?

Harry_the_Spider

Some people are going to race. The front of the field is very strong this year and, if Facebook is to be believed, it is going to get stronger.

Proper fast guys. 3 peaks winners and top 10 finishers, previous HTN winners, some top CX boys, two of the most prolific 24 hour endurance racers of recent years with numerous MM, SITS, Strathpuffer podiums between them and the unknown quantity that is “Louis Canoe”.

We’ve also got some big “club” squads and works teams turning up for a crack at the Team prize.

The stampede away from the line won’t be for the faint hearted.

Then of course you add those who are doing it for a laugh into the mix and it turns into It’s A Knockout. No unicycles though.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Oh dear. We really might be a mobile chicane

slowoldgit
    Free Member

**We really might be a mobile chicane**

I’m relying on you to provide the majority of the effort. Maybe they’d let us start the previous day or something.

Bunnyhop

So looking forward to this.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

“Elite rider coming through”

“Tandem pair stopped for a coughing break”

bullheart
    Free Member

I’m well gutted. I’ve even asked the wife not to drop le sprog until March, but apparently ‘that’s just not possible’

Hrrrruuummmmpppph.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Just for the craic, could we bracket two unicycles together? Not that I have one.

Harry_the_Spider

No unicycles.

project
    Free Member
    Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m well gutted. I’ve even asked the wife not to drop le sprog until March, but apparently ‘that’s just not possible’

Ah what; that’s a bit inconsiderate of her, in’t it? 🙁

hora
    Free Member

One should have blocked ones cock for a few weeks longer (dude)

hugor
    Free Member

Well myself and Slowoldgit of this parish want to enter on a tandem – however on perusing the rules we see this:-

Any sort of bike as long as it has two wheels and one rider.
    Now thats just not on. I think we have a case under the disability discrimination act. After all I need somone else on the bike to act as the brains of the enterprise. Its not my fault this is so. So this is pure discrimination. Who do I complain to?

I only see one rider here and he cold ride your tandem!
    No mention of horses in the rules either.

hora
    Free Member

I’d love to streak. Binners, game for it? I am.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mmmmmmmm Ideas ideas – panto horse on a tandem?

Harry_the_Spider

No.

Bunnyhop

Neigh

Harry_the_Spider

Leave it.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I’m not dressing as a horse’s arse, thanks.

Harry_the_Spider

I get the impression that you are not showing the toughest MTB/CX race in the country the respect it deserves.

Take it too lightly and you will puke yourself inside out after 4 laps.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Is it really just a 2 hour race? I don’t say that lightly, just means I will probably be able to enter and get back home later for baby sitting duties

iDave
    Free Member

I’m not listed in the start list, which I suppose means that the rules won’t apply to me?

Harry_the_Spider

Is it really just a 2 hour race? I don’t say that lightly, just means I will probably be able to enter and get back home later for baby sitting duties

Race time 10:00 – 12:00

You need to be on site at about 9:00 to park up and register. Car park gets busy or you may choose to use the rugby club at the park gates (small charge, but you can use their showers).

Allow half an hour afterwards to finish your last lap unless you lurk in the woods and finish at 1 second past 12.

Factor in some time to get off the car park. First in, last out.

I’d estimate being on site 9:00 – 13:00.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Cool, fat bikes and fat blokes allowed?

juan
    Free Member

What, no deliberately pushing someone in the bush (© French Juan 2009)?

Hey that wasn’t me. At all I was in France and I can **** prove it. For once I am innocent…

GregMay
    Free Member

Tandems…oh dear no. They’ll be fun on the steps…and the steps with the 90 degree bends in…and the narrow kinked chute.

I will ride over you.

Harry_the_Spider

Mantastic – Member

Cool, fat bikes and fat blokes allowed?

There is even a fat bike category.

Harry_the_Spider

Tandems…oh dear no. They’ll be fun on the steps…and the steps with the 90 degree bends in…and the narrow kinked chute.

Don’t forget the rock garden stream crossing.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

this may have not been my best idea ever. You are putting me off now. Nowt on the vid looked that hard

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Hit the north – the rules are biased! Unfair! Discrimination!’ is closed to new replies.