Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Hit the North Preview Ride – Sunday 30th May
  • Harry_the_Spider

More details at http://www.hitthenorth.net

derek_starship
    Free Member

Looking forward to it. See y'all there.

Bunnyhop

If we don't get into a campsite over the weekend (everywhere seems booked up) I'll be there.

P.S. Don't leave me this time, I hate being Billy no-mates!

Harry_the_Spider

I won't be at this one, but i'm sure that Terrahawk and his trusty sidekick Derek Starship will ensure that nobody gets lost, squashed, bitten or killed.

MrSparkle

Unless they are doing it.
    I'll be in Scotland but I'm sure they'll manage without…

Harry_the_Spider

Bump for t' evening shift.

There should be a few crossers coming too.

MrSparkle

Really?

or

Harry_the_Spider

RustySpanner

Is there a chicken run for the bombhole drop? Seem to remember something a lot easier just to the right.

If so, Sue & I might join you all.

Might even start our own 'Slow down, you move too fast' splinter group if loads of those nasty fast boys and girls on 'crossers turn out:

'That's my philosophy in life Marty'.

Harry_the_Spider

loads of those nasty fast boys and girls on 'crossers

are in for a bit of a chuffing shock 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Hmmmm… Tempting..

edhornby

There's every possibility that 50% of the prestwich dynamo will be there (the slow one)

RustySpanner

Hi Ed, how's tricks? Have you signed up yet?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Signed photographs of my belly will be available at the coffee shop after the ride.

Bunnyhop

derek_starship – that just may well have put one or two people off 😯

Harry_the_Spider

He's lost weight and… err… had some other work done.

TonyL
    Free Member

As its in the afternoon it means you'll have time to come and race at the Brownbacks event in the morning 😆

Harry_the_Spider

TonyL – Member
    As its in the afternoon it means you'll have time to come and race at the Brownbacks event in the morning

Oi! Hijack your own bloody thread or we'll be up at the quarry with a van full of our banners! 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

Sunday's preview ride WILL FEATURE A BRASS BAND.

hell yeah. PARP

TonyL
    Free Member

Actually do you want us to distribute hit the north flyers at the Brownbacks races?

You would be welcome to come along with some banners etc. In fact if you want to come and marshall you could shout out details of the hit the north event to riders as they pass!

Can also get some posters up in Lee Quarry if you want just let me have some or send me a PDF and I'll put some up on the notice boards.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I'll try to pop over on Sunday Tony. Won't be racing (too much other stuff to do) but we'd appreciate the leaflet hand-out 😉

xherbivorex
    Free Member

you could always help out with marshalling jase!

terrahawk
    Free Member

Yeah, but that takes as long as the race. If I had time to marshal I'd…oh, you know.

Harry_the_Spider

TonyL – Member
    Actually do you want us to distribute hit the north flyers at the Brownbacks races?

You would be welcome to come along with some banners etc. In fact if you want to come and marshall you could shout out details of the hit the north event to riders as they pass!

Can also get some posters up in Lee Quarry if you want just let me have some or send me a PDF and I'll put some up on the notice boards.

Cheers. email me at ajmchugh2 AT btinternet.com and i'll flirt some over.

MrSparkle

That's good, innit? Nice to see a bit of mutual cooperation. Good stuff.

Harry_the_Spider

It is. I return I said that our roving marshal / assistant video maker will go up to Lee Quary and perform a depraved act for them.

Bunnyhop

Just come back from the preview ride. So big thanks to derek_starship and his friend Lee. A motley crew of 8 set off and ended the ride with only 6. Not bad eh!
    Great relief though, that derek didn't get his belly out 🙂

Get well soon Terrahawk.
    Was very disappointed with the lack of a brass band. Ompha!

Harry_the_Spider

Only 2 lost? Impressive. Dead or MIA?

What did you think of the course?

nbt

Dead or MIA?

No idea, we turned round and they weren't there any more…

no, one went home as he'd had enough, then Big Alan scooted back as he was far faster on the crosser then the rest of us.

What did you think of the course?

Course is nice, very different to the first HTN course – great on SS or a cross bike, I suspect a crosser will win this race. Can't see the up / down bit (off the HTN 1 start straight) working, it looks like there's too much cross traffic to let it work, it has just occurred to me that you could go down and back up off the old railway though (i.e down then up rather than up then down)? Do you come onto the railway early enough to permit that?

The new trails they've built are really good, really enjoyed them and they'll make a cracking addition to the race. I liked the watersplash, tricky on SS but I cracked it second time (to the awed gasps of the kids watch – "look, he's only got one gear!")

As we were chatting before starting, wondering if any of us could remember enough of the HTN 1 course to get a ride in if none of the organisers turned up, Terra's missus turned up and asked if any of us had done this before. What, meeting strangers in a carpark wearing tight clothes? Quite often, as it happens, and sometimes in broad daylight too. Still she sorted us out in the end when the inestimable Derek Starship and his mate lee turned up. Terra's batting above average, I reckon.

terrahawk
    Free Member

the up/down bit will work cos I will cut a trail to make it work.

Harry_the_Spider

The up bit of the up/down doesn't exist yet (it will cut through the undergrowth about 20m short of the exit) so on the day there won't be any danger of a collision.

Thanks to Neil and Lee for standing in as the organisers were either out for the day or blowing chunks.

nbt

The up bit of the up/down doesn't exist yet (it will cut through the undergrowth about 20m short of the exit) so on the day there won't be any danger of a collision.

Ah right, makes sense now. Cool.

Thanks to Neil and Lee for standing in as the organisers were either out for the day or blowing chunks.

Who is chunks?

Harry_the_Spider

Who is chunks?

Mr Sparkle.

RustySpanner

Sorry we missed this one, no front brake on Sue's bike after a slight incident earlier in the week.

Any piccies?

Just been for a walk round the area, taking in the last of the bluebells – it's gorgeous out there.

Bunnyhop

Very enjoyable course.
    I'm very pleased that the bombhole is no longer a part of the course.
    Will the new undergrowth and low tree branches get trimmed back.
    We like a nice tidy bush?

I did struggle up the steep bank (where the ladder bridge is over the stream). Will Brant be there again to lend a helping hand?

No pictures this time.

Bunnyhop

Oooh – forgot to mention we all got a bit of air off some of the new man made trails, t'was very exciting.

Harry_the_Spider

I'm going to try for a lap tomorrow afternoon at about 3:00 (tedious reasons permitting) so if anyone fancies it leave a message here.

I'll confirm by lunch time tomorrow

Harry_the_Spider

Bunnyhop – Member
    Oooh – forgot to mention we all got a bit of air off some of the new man made trails, t'was very exciting.

Off this?

Bunnyhop

Aye looks familar. At speed it seems to drop away after the lip, I shouted out a great 'whoopee'.
    Is that the bit before you get to the 'Red trail stoney' stream crossing?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Nice to meet you lot today. Bunnyhop – you were soooooo close to getting a look at my belly. When I pointed out my haematoma, I almost whipped it out for you! My belly not the haematoma – I'll leave that to someone with a bit of training.

I'm glad everybody liked the trail – our guiding skills were not 100% but you saw all the components of HTN 2.0.

I look forward to meeting lots more of the STW massif soon.

DS

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North Preview Ride – Sunday 30th May’ is closed to new replies.