Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hit the North countdown
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

5 days left, will the trails dry out?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2104?&search=bolton&itemsPerPage=10&region=world&area=Bolton

Is there a run from the start to get to the bikes?

If there is I won’t bother as running and my brocken ribs and knackered hip and shoulders won’t let me. I’ll just start last and aim not to get lapped.

What tyres for HtN?

dickie
    Free Member

What tyres for HtN?

700 x 32 is usually a winner, & usually under a skinny lycra clad bloke on a racer with old MTB brakes!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

not sure about drying out; manchester had 40% of the regular february rainfall over the last 3 days apparently. so it’s quite quite wet at the mo…

xherbivorex
    Free Member

perfect for HtN though.

twinklydave

Fast rolling, quick clearing, narrow but comfy, lightweight but puncture resistant, soft compound mud tyres. I reckon. 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Rolling start with any bottle necks bypassed for the first few hundred yards.

Lap 2 is where the suffering realy kicks in.

terrahawk
    Free Member

this image may be available as a very limited edition poster. bring some spare pennies just in case we actually manage to get them printed 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

twinklydave – Member
    Fast rolling, quick clearing, narrow but comfy, lightweight but puncture resistant, soft compound mud tyres. I reckon.

I reckon I’ll be completely the opposite of the impossible tyre in the rubber stakes #Larry’s

terrahawk
    Free Member

unfortunately we’re not having an attention-seeker prize this time

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North countdown’ is closed to new replies.