Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Hit the North.
  • tthew

Andy, mind if I take a copy of 102? you managed to achieve the impossible and take a photo of me not gurning whilst racing. Will follow the couple of quid in the mountain rescue box rule.

Harry_the_Spider

I didn’t take it but I don’t see why not. The chap who did e-mailed me a link to his album and said it was OK to post on here.

tthew

Ta.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RenagadeMarmalade
    Free Member

Cheers chaps freekin awesome event, mazin poster and it was ace to meet up with everyone in the pub!!!

Well done to everyone who helped and took part. Did i hear that the you managed to donate nearly a grand to a local a local toddler group?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Did i hear that the you managed to donate nearly a grand to a local a local toddler group?

I’ve not paid all the bills yet but they’ll get a few quid, yes. Not a grand though (I wish).

Some of the marshals are staff there (including the clappy one near the motorway).

tthew

Money well earned then.

75th!! Im surprised at that! Thought I was much lower down after 5 laps of mud and gnashng of gears 😆

minnellium
    Free Member

The view from someone’s helmet
    … so to speak

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS-As4jul_I[/video]

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Yep, well done to everyone who organised, rode or just came along to watch – it was cracking! And thanks to the two marshalls dcwn by the motorway, I think I offered my bike to the little girl to finish my last lap though! Next year will have to turn up without a hangover 😀

Off to fit my new drivetrain now…

plumber
    Free Member

I beat a girl – I totally rock

Terra and everyone – thank you so much – my legs and grin bones still hurt 🙂

Plum

Harry_the_Spider

The bit on the video where he does the cheeky overtake around the wrong side of the trees is superb. I know the area well and if you get that bit wrong it’s a mess. The bit where all the crossers run back past him as he lugs his FS rig up the steps about a minute later is also superb.

Whoever he is he knows how to ride a bike.

minnellium
    Free Member

@Harry_the_Spider I took that cheeky line on the first lap at the very front of the race, smugly thinking it would distance me from those fitness freaks in the wake of my generous butt. Little did I know it would give me the special opportunity to get all intimate with the floor. Also put me in the early running for the muddiest rider prize but everyone caught up soon after.

vickypea
    Free Member

I spied a photo of me almost falling off, so I’ve registered! 🙂

RustySpanner

I’ve come to the conclusion that I was on the wrong bike.

Everyone on a singlespeed crosser went miles faster than I did, so I’m going to borrow one of those, fit some cowhorns on it and next year I might, with a bit of training, come third from last.
    You’ve got to have a dream – and beating Derek Starship is mine. 😀

I was completely amazed by the speed and skill of the really good riders – they were all very polite as they came past as well.

Just like to say thanks to John Climber, Shaun from Cooksons, Ton and everyone else who gave me a cheer. The marshalls were superb as well.

Ms Spanner was again marshalling by the ruptured ferret and has asked me to say thanks to everyone for their kind words.

Not bothered what format the next one takes – it seems to have developed a momentum of it’s own now and I can’t wait for the next one.

tthew

You can borrow mine with pleasure Pete. I’m considering Unicycle. (What tyre for…??)

terrahawk
    Free Member

my dad the marshal’s photos
    IMG_4807

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North.’ is closed to new replies.