Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hit the North 1.5 – Weather update
  • Harry_the_Spider

The race is on but it will be cold and there may be an issue with car parking if there is snow on the ground. It is clear now, but the forecast is for more on Thursday/Friday and the car park that we intend to use is at the bottom of an 800m long inclined track that won’t be gritted.

If you don’t want to risk getting stuck it may be advisable to leave your car outside the park, but please don’t block the local resident’s drives. Philips Park road (to the right of the park gates) may be the best option.

Some sections of the track are a little swamp-like, but with a bit of luck they will be frozen on Saturday.

We think that we’ve sorted everything out, but the weather is beyond our control.

One day there may even be a Hit the North when it is dry!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Precisely why we organised the Big Bike Bash for August. The weekend before the Bank Holiday to guarentee good weather. 😉

Good luck with your event, you helped me decoide to actually hold the Big Bike Bash. Any feedback or advice after HTN 1.5 that I could use for the BBB would be welcome.

Cheers

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t hold it in a valley in a blizzard.

ton

i prefer to ride in 8” of northern shyte than pootle round some southern park in sunshine. 😆

it is what makes us differant to you southern shandy drinkers..

matt_outandabout

nicely put ton

ourmaninthenorth

So, what you’re saying Harry, is that I should arrive with super skinny mud tyres as well as ome of those fat Surly Pugsly jobs?

As it so happens, what i really need is a new pair of MTB shoes, my last ones having disintegrated having not been washed after the original HTN….

Harry_the_Spider

Gawd knows what sort of tyres will be best. I’ve been following 3 different weather sites that give 3 diferent forecasts. Added to that we’ve got mud, cobbles, tamac, wooden decks, hardpack and probably some ice.

I will be wearing a pair of these.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

i prefer to ride in 8” of northern shyte

I’m sure you’ll be having ‘fun’……

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

paul4stones

I need some new boots. Are they any good Harry?

Obviously they take spds . . .

Harry_the_Spider

I like’em. The first time I wore them they were like ski boots, but once they softened up a bit they were fine.

They’re Kibo GTX

brant
    Free Member

I have dug my snowboard boots out.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Ton – we will import some rain just for you. Still or sparkling?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Trailrakers are bob-on.

ourmaninthenorth

Trailrakers are bob-on

Gonna be running some 26″ CX tyres.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hit the North 1.5 – Weather update’ is closed to new replies.