Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Hit by a car and apparantly it was my fault!
  • gmex619
    Free Member

I went too Asda today and requested footage, they refused as it wasn’t immediate and the police don’t want too know as I’ve got no witnesses.

Must admit I did get in my car and see where she parked and I was going too cut the valves from all of her tyres (I carry a tool kit in my car at all times incase it breaks.) but I thought better of a vandalism charge..

As for the Mondeo thing.. I’ve done similar. As the Mondeo driver. Perfectly happy too sit and slow down while keeping safe if people are going too speed upto me and sit right on my bumper.

singletrackmind

This is why I carry a valve core remover in my car ashtray.
    Whhhoooshh and the air is gone. Along with the valve cores down the nearest drain.

bigyinn
    Free Member

You’re a bad man mr stm! 😉
    *walks off looking for valve core in toolbox*

andytherocketeer

Wouldn’t vandalise to cause permanent damage. Only need to let air out of 2 tyres anyway. They probably wouldn’t have a clue, so would do an AA call out, rather than drive round the car-park on run flats to the petrol station, to use the free air line.

Would get stickers made up that say “I drive/park like a c**t” and slap them on.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Can you actually get done for letting someone’s tyres down?

beefheart
    Free Member

You should have gone all Vinnie Jones on her ass.
    This is what I normally do after any mild car park dispute.

GrahamS

Would get stickers made up that say “I drive/park like a c**t” and slap them on.

I’ll take 50 for my office! Small car park with very limited spaces, but every day there are three or four cars parked abandoned well over the white lines, effectively taking up two parking spaces and leaving other people to park in the street.

Can’t decide if the drivers are useless, selfish or just DGAF. The worst offenders seem to be the smallest cars!

Flaperon

As a road accident in which an injury occurred she has a legal responsibility to report it to the police regardless of whose fault she might deem it to be.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Could have been worse, you may have been on a bike.
    Typical disregard for other vulnerable road users.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6qycF0raqpg[/video]

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Well that didnt work Cliccckkky clicckky

andytherocketeer

Seems to be mainly BMWs abandoned in our carpark, wheels still on full lock where they’ve swung in.

My car is 11yrs old, dinged with several shopping trolley and XC90 dents. Feel free to abandon your shiney beemer in the next bay, but if I can’t open my driver’s door to the first “notch”, then quite frankly I DGAF about your paintwork 😉

If anyone knows somewhere that can print up such stickers, prefereably on security stock, like the Swiss/Austrian road toll vignettes, please let me know 🙂 No permanent damage, except to Tarquin and Tabitha’s mother’s fingernails. Just fiddly to remove in lots and lots of bits.

GrahamS

Having fantasised on the best wording for a passive aggressive note, I have settled on this:

If you can’t manage to park your car in the box then please ask a man to do it for you.

Hopefully that is suitably insulting to drivers of both genders 😀

alpin
    Free Member

before the OP goes off and writes a letter to either the supermarket or his solicitor, i think he should check this out first. might be of some use….

linky

antigee

some people just don’t care – i was waiting to cross a busy shopping road with parked cars and was stood in a gap in front of a car waiting for a space in traffic – guy comes along gets in car starts engine then rolls forward and nudges me with bumper!

I walked round – he wound down window and just said “you’re in the f’ing way”

normally i would have resorted to violence but i was just so gobsmacked at what he said he’d pulled away before i could grab his keys

antigee

alpin – Member

before the OP goes off and writes a letter …. i think
    ….

ithink™ that it might be good form to use the upper case for the personal pronoun. A rule of good grammar is to check before you linky.

bigyinn
    Free Member

People are just morons.
    One of the main roads locally was closed yesterday due to the firebrigade in attendance.
    There were police transits parked at both ends of the road blocking access with their lights flashing. I observed at least 3 cars drive round them and then realise the road was shut and do 3 point turns to go back the way they came. Some even stopped, pondered and then carried on.

Why is it SO difficult for some motorists to do as they are told? WHY?

GrahamS

On a related note, this from the Exmouth Journal in January:

Lympstone councillors are concerned that this would increase the number of cyclists using the trail – which directs cyclists along narrow roads through the centre of the village.

The vice-chairman of the council, Councillor Richard Eastley, said: “From where the trail comes out on Sowden Lane, with the narrowness of the road there, if you’re driving a car you’re very likely to get bumped by a cyclist…

http://www.exmouthjournal.co.uk/news/village_objects_to_new_exmouth_cycle_link_1_1830292

😯

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Hit by a car and apparantly it was my fault!’ is closed to new replies.