Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)
  • hit and run at torq 12:12 Landrover Discovery
  • yunki
    Free Member

Anyway, probably worth ending this thread, I’ve got a few leads to follow now – thanks for the help chaps.

the above statement almost guarantees that this thread will rumble on for 17 pages and descend into a bitchfest before the end of page 2..

EDIT: or page 1 in this case

pants
    Free Member

It was not a hit and run at all as I saw it!! it was clipping of wing mirrors and the Disco did not leave the venue at all the other vehicle did and did not even go and see the driver of the Disco for some strange reason, so stop making this something it aint!!!!!!

He drove straight over to the Marque in full view of the road, so you did not look hard if at all!

If it was I would have at least gone and talked to the driver, can’t understand why you did not????? Were you scared??!! 😀

yunki
    Free Member

the plot thickens… 😀

Andyhilton
    Free Member

*pulls up a chair*

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not you driving was it Pants?? 😉 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

I concur (but at this juncture I’m neither saying with whom or with what).

njee20
    Free Member

Kettle’s on.

Biscuit? Got some caramel digestives.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Njee, were you racing there?

cheez0
    Free Member

Assembled page1 lynchmob/ bombers/ shoe wee-ers stops in tracks…

njee20
    Free Member

Nah I was away, sorry to miss it though, been one of the best events for the last couple of years!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ahh, I just wondered. 🙂 It was a bit damp, but most seemed to enjoy it. We just popped along for a chinwag, not racing… 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Yes I gathered conditions weren’t perfect! Shame. Holds up well though there, only Heard good reports!

rickon
    Free Member

Hang on, I spoke to a chap in a car who saw what happened – he advised me where the Discovery was parked up – so I jumped back in the van, we drove up the road and turned around and back again to look for the car – we couldn’t find it.

If the driver doesn’t stop after hitting a vehicle, not matter how minor – it’s still classified as a minor traffic collision – then it’s still a hit and run.

Again, it’s not the collision that bothers me, it was the speed and lack of respect for other road users.

allthepies
    Free Member

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There’s more to this than meets the eye. And because if that, I’m out.

granny_ring

LOL at the popcorn, but where’s it gone now?

Jamie
    Free Member

LOL at the popcorn, but where’s it gone now?

Apparently those still on 56k modems got upset.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Ok whatever happened its wrong that the other party involved didn’t stop and offer to pay for the damage, or are a lot of you suggesting its ok to damage other peoples property, which appears to be the case so far.

Tsk, 4×4 drivers, eh ?

matt_outandabout

yes yes, but how are the bikes?

pants
    Free Member

I have just come back from Minley and have had a look at the sites permanent road signs and it clearly states that traffic coming into the site have right of way, not outgoing vehicles! So Mr White Van Man should have given way to the incoming vehicle and not kept going!!

So a toning down or withdrawal of comments will suffice, as he will be in the wrong if the Police were interested and indeed the MOD Police!

I would not like this to go any further as I see it as a slight on the Army Cycling Union (ACU) and would hate to bring in Military law!!!!!!!

Keep Smiling and dry your eyes!!!!!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

I would not like this to go any further as I see it as a slight on the Army Cycling Union (ACU) and would hate to bring in Military law!!!!!!!

7 exclamation marks? This guy is serious!!!!!!!!!

pants
    Free Member

BTW I never stop for clipped wing mirrors as it minor even if mine is damaged!! And I’m a 4X4 Driver so MTFU!!!!!!!!! 😀

CIVVES!!!!! 😆

pants
    Free Member

And you counted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Pants unless I really misread the OP he said he was stationary!!!!!!

yunki
    Free Member

I think it’s spelt sieves…

Jamie
    Free Member

And you counted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

BTW I never stop for clipped wing mirrors as it minor even if mine is damaged!! And I’m a 4X4 Driver so MTFU!!!!!!!!!

So you woon’t mind if I knocked your wing mirror off and just buggered off then?

broonster
    Free Member

BTW I never stop for clipped wing mirrors as it minor even if mine is damaged!!

Crap attitude to have 🙄

… I see it as a slight on the Army Cycling Union…

Hand on a minute. I thought we’d established that members of the Army Cycling Union don’t attract attention to themselves by having stickers on their cars, so it was probably an Auto Cycle Union sticker.
    Never mind. If you’re happy to have everyone laughing at you, carry on.

Junkyard
    Free Member

man these army dudes are tough SOB’s. Thankfully they dont live up to the stereotype of being thick as pig **** and only there to avoid prison

donsimon
    Free Member

BTW I never stop for clipped wing mirrors as it minor even if mine is damaged!! And I’m a 4X4 Driver so MTFU!!!!!!!!!

CIVVES!!!!!
    PONGOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙄

So you woon’t mind if I knocked your wing mirror off and just buggered off then?

He actually wouldn’t as you’re paying for it anyway.

rickon
    Free Member

Just a note, right of way would have been given but said discovery driver was going too fast to have any chance of giving way.

Anyway I’ve got in touch with the organisers to sort this out, as pointed out previously.

chvck
    Free Member

I want to play 111!!!one

GorrickTeam
    Free Member

This has been brought to our attention by email, and as the event organisers, we will try to establish exactly what happened, by hearing from both sides if possible. Unfortunately things like this happen all the time and, particularly where something has happened on private or military land, quite often people never get to know the truth of the matter. As it is, all we know for sure at the moment is that it was a slow single track road with passing places and priority was with vehicles entering the site. In the meantime, and as this is the bike forum, how about some more comments about the actual event not just a prang in the dark at the end of it? A very tired Gorrick Team.

nmdbase
    Free Member

Yeah, stop bitching 😆

rickon
    Free Member
    GorrickTeam
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s more like it, it makes all the effort worthwhile!

ampthill

sympathies to the OP. Evn if your not hit its not nice to be near idiots driving

symapthies to the organiser who has a new head ache and distractions from the real event

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He actually wouldn’t as you’re paying for it anyway.

What, on his private vehicle?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘hit and run at torq 12:12 Landrover Discovery’ is closed to new replies.