Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Historic Cannondale question – Jekyll
  • dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

Does anyone know if it is still possible to buy new replacement shocks for the Cannondale Jekyll. You know, the ones with the threaded airsleeve for mounting in the funky split downtube.

PS I know Fox have discontinued theirs, but I believe Manitou made one for a while at least.

walleater

You could try some Cannondale dealers and see if they’ve got any old broken Jekyll frames lying about that have been replaced under warranty. They’ll have no use for the shock. We did have some but recently threw all our frames out (and not in Britain).

peteimpreza

They come up on ebay occasionally.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

Cheers guys, appreciated.

problem_child
    Free Member

have you spoken to mojo? .ive got a jekyll and was thinking that it might be possible to put the treaded air can sleeve on a new/newer rp23 shock,but you would have to talk to fox/mojo to find out for sure

jonk
    Free Member

Risse racing make them also.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Have you got one now that requires parts ? the only different fox parts wise are the air sleeve and the adjuster end, which mojo have instock making a repair poss if you’ve a broken one that is

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

My shock is working at present, but appears to need more regular servicing as time goes by. I know that it is mostly maintainable, but I am interested partly in a one-time-buy to ensure future use, and partly in a spare to ensure that I don’t lose access to the bike when I need it most (like on holiday!).

I have spoken to Mojo, and they tell me that design is now obsolete. As far as fitting the airsleeve to a newer shock is concerned, that would be great (oh, for pro-pedal!), but the subject did not come up with Mojo. I think that the newer shocks are larger than the original Floats.

I will try Risse.

dogtiredandwired
    Free Member

Ooh, I guess Risse it is.

Jonk, have you bought from these guys? Did you manage to get one from the states, or have you found a UK source?

Marmoset
    Free Member

I looked around when mine needed srevicing and couldn’t find one – a full rebuild at TFT still costs less than a new shock and/or frame…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Historic Cannondale question – Jekyll’ is closed to new replies.