Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hissing air noise from Revelations on compression?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Whenever my dual air Revs compress there is the noise of air escaping from somewhere. I think this is from around the dust seals, certainly not either of the vavles. They are brand new and seem to be maintaining pressure in both chambers. Is this normal?

If I compress them slowly for a couple of inches then stop, the sound goes on for a second or two after, weird.

owenfackrell
    Free Member

Are you sure its air and not the oil moving through the shims inthe motion control as my recons make that sort of sound but they are coil forks.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

mmm, sounds a lot like air, but it is weird that there’s no loss of pressure and my Pikes dont make the same sound.

gregsticle
    Free Member

Might be too much rebound as my Recons make that noise if the rebound is set too much to the “turtle” setting…

nukeproof
    Free Member

Noticed this myself only recently: a set of my U-Turn Revs do this…2008 model. No loss of air but it ‘sounds’ like they are lossing air. It sounds like it coming from around the top of the U-Turn leg. Its not the valve. At a loss really but its never been a performance issue. I’ve got another older set but they haven’t been fitted for a while; can’t remember them making the same noise.

Strange thing is that it goes after I’ve ridden for a while but comes back after a downhill section or a section where the forks are working more.

chakaping
    Free Member

Not your wheel is it?

😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s most likely the oil moving round the damping circuit. Ignore it, or turn the lockout off……
    🙂

yetidave
    Free Member

both my rebas and revs do this sometimes…I do find that it gets worse the greater difference in pressure between the pos and neg chambers.

phiiiiil

My Revs used to do this; it was air coming out of the top of the right-hand leg rather than the air in the “spring”. It used to bring a tiny dribble of oil up with it too over time.

I never really worried about it, and it has stopped doing it since it had a fettle at TFT.

duckman

Both my pairs of revs did this with no loss of air or oil, I thought it was my frame/wheel, till I moved to Foxs.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Cheers, that’s some piece of mind at least. Does sound disconcerting though….

crazant
    Free Member

How strange i was going to post the same question this morning, My Reba U Turns when locked out make a schh schh noise when i stand up, nothing when unlocked…Can’t be normal can it…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hissing air noise from Revelations on compression?’ is closed to new replies.