Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hiring a camper van one way?
  • jools182
    Free Member

I’m making my way down to Malta by road in a few weeks

i was thinking today about the possibility of hiring a campervan as I could save on accommodation and also pull over somewhere for a nap when I’m feeling tired

Anyone know if there are companies that offer one way rentals?

tthew

I think one way rentals across borders are practically impossible, as the vehicle would need to be driven back by someone to it’s country of origin after drop off. IIRC there were some problems with people trying to drive home during that Icelandic volcano chaos.

nickdavies

Not a chance. You’d be easier to fly someone in to drive it back – camperhires won’t be set up for that. You won’t even be able to get a regular rental to do that I wouldn’t think.

Are you not returning?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nickjb
    Free Member

There’s no way you’d save on accommodation even it was possible. The rental will be way more than a cheap hotel. I’ve done one way camper rental in Australia. They had a wide range of prices as some routes were more popular than others. Cross border in Europe, no way.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Buying a van and re-selling might work. keep it basic and widely traded. Last I looked camper van rental is shockingly expensive anyway – not so different from car + motel cost.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

you can buy my VW camper van, its 30 odd years old, reliable, economic and comfy- just what your after !
    I’ll take 8000 sterlings and leave where you want when finished…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hiring a camper van one way?’ is closed to new replies.