Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hiring a camper van for the weekend
  • ndthornton
    Free Member

Any recommendations of companys and or models to use?

Im bringing the Mrs along to an event this month and cant be bothered with the hassle of camping – if its just me its easy but there tends to be a lot more requirements, faff and complaining involved with going as a couple – so fancy a change.

Iv never been in a campervan before but like the idea. I need one with a shower, toilet kitchen etc and would prefer a bit of space.

Based in Worcester but more convenient to collect from Bromsgrove or Redditch.

spudnick
    Free Member

pretty sure you can hire a vw t5 from chocolate campers based in stourport. there a converter company and from what ive seen turn out some good stuff

ndthornton
    Free Member

Hmm – just consulted google and I think what Im really after is a motorhome rather than a camper van.

spudnick
    Free Member

no worries, cant help with motorhome though. have fun

nick

Drac

Hope you have deep pockets.

ndthornton
    Free Member

They’re quite deep, yes – empty but deep.
    They cost quite a lot then yes?
    More than 3 nights in a reasonable B&B?

molgrips
    Free Member

Every time I’ve looked for camper van hire it’s worked out similar to the cost of a top class hotel.

You could spend the same money on some really nice car camping gear, like the foldable kitchens and beds etc, imo. Or just get a new Mrs who likes roughing it as much as you do 🙂

Our camping set-up btw fits in a single big duffel bag btw (excluding clothes and food), and that’s for a family of four!

Drac

More than 3 nights in a reasonable B&B?

A lot when I’ve looked and they are not very economical so fuel costs are pretty big too.

Bazz

This an old mate of mines business

http://www.comfycampers.co.uk/

Couldn’t comment on the rates as they aren’t my cup of tea, i prefer tents, but he’s been doing it for a few years and did have some good feedback last time i spoke to him. He’s based in the Cheltenham/Tewkesbury area so not to far.

gusamc
    Free Member

*note comments about prices, as you’ll pay site fees as well, I’ve been looking at buying – but would hire first to see if size pees me off

google on Mooveo p600 hire (*fixed bed, 22ft long I think) (*I like this as it *appears* the ”garage” under rear bed would hold the bikes and it’s about as small as fixed bedders go

try Elddis Autoquest 115 or 120 – make up bed – bike rack generally available (bit shorter than mooveo)

*for small try romahome r20 (*no shower, makeup bed) berlingo+longer

*if you do hire one could you drop me a how it went mail – cheers

ndthornton
    Free Member

Will do
    Wont be any site fees as camping at the event is free

gusamc
    Free Member

cheers

*check fresh water/bog capacity if you’ve not got ‘site facilities’ – it’s limited………………

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hiring a camper van for the weekend’ is closed to new replies.