Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hire light or buy Cree
  • Gunz
    Free Member

I’m doing the Bontrager Torchbearer in a few weeks and can hire lights from Exposure at the event for £25 (bar and helmet together) but I’ve been looking at the low price of some Cree lights which seem pretty good.
    Considering I don’t ride at night any other time of the year would I be better off just hiring?

dabaldie
    Free Member

See you there!…. Midday start/Midnight finish for me tho.
    If you dont ride at any othertime of the year at night, just hire them. You’ll get them fully charged and be way better than anything you can buy for the money.
    I’ve got a 2012 Maxx-D which I’ll use for the last few hours but still toying with the idea of hiring one of the new Maxx-D’s mainly because they have moved on so much in the last few years.

adsh
    Free Member

Hire. See you there (if it’s dry)

Gunz
    Free Member

I’ve hit the hire button. How many laps are you two aiming for (if you are super fit please spare my blushes and say three or thereabouts).

dabaldie
    Free Member

I did 13 laps last year on a bike that I’d only ridden for 20 minutes before after breaking my Kona and only spotting the crack on the Friday evening! 96miles. I’m aiming for the 100mile mark this year. Each lap is between 7 and 8 miles, so 50 minute laps. Naturally this depends on the weather. Id never ridden 12 hors solo before as I normally do teams or pairs.
    Back on topic, you only need lights good enough for 2 hours before Midnight and 4 hours after and the course isnt too technical that you need max beam for any of it.
    Best event of the year by far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hire light or buy Cree’ is closed to new replies.