Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hire car booking through Ryanair?
  • prezet
    Free Member

About to book flights to go visit the in-laws in Fuerteventura next year … however our family has grown a little, and we need to get a hire car while we’re over there now.

Going through the Ryanair booking process and they’re offering very competitive rates on hire cars through Thrifty and Hertz. Almost £100 cheaper than going directly to those companies.

Has anyone else had experience of getting hire cars through Ryanair. I know they like to hide their extra little charges all over the place.

Alphabet

I booked a hire car through them in April this year (in Italy) and don’t remember any hidden charges or extras. It did seem cheaper than going direct.

northshoreniall

Same, booked direct through Ryanair when going home – Ireland, no issues at all. End of day still Hertz/ Thrifty so they will be normal standard.

prezet
    Free Member

Thanks. You didn’t have to take out any kind of extra insurance or anything?

nickjb
    Free Member

You’ll want to arrange your own excess insurance. Should be around £2 a day. Don’t get it from the hire company, it’ll be loads more. Also worth having a quick look at holiday autos. Usually have good prices for hire cars. Same deal as Ryan air. They just act as an agent for the local hire firms.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Check Cicars. Avoid PlusCar.

jb72
    Free Member

We got a car for the week with Ryanair/Thrifty a couple of weeks ago. No problems at all. Car was almost brand new. Excess is 1500euros … so get excess insurance before you go – I paid about £15 with carhireexcess.com(? I think)

prezet
    Free Member

Thanks all – that’s put my mind at rest.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Have always found autoreisen to be cheapest for canary islands.

cp

auto-europe.co.uk is very very good for cheap deals.

I booked one which i thought was already very cheap, then a week before we went it got even cheaper. I cancelled the original booking and made a new one – all done very quickly and simply with no charges that far out from actually hiring the car.

Pete
    Free Member

Have always found autoreisen to be cheapest for canary islands.

I’ve always used Autoreisen, over the last few years the cars have got better/newer..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I never book direct with hertz/euro etc

Have you tried holiday autos etc

Plus take your own car seat, will save even more money… Unless Ryanair don’t let you take it for free, most do

Albanach
    Free Member

Just used Ryanair/Hertz combo – booked car on 14th June for 10 days @ €241. Go to check in online this morning and see that I can upgrade my car to an ‘Intermediate’ for less than I originally paid €179 so a refund coming my way. Worth checking the booking nearer the flight time to see if this happens again in the future.

prezet
    Free Member

Thanks – ended up booking Thrifty car through Ryanair. Only £113 for a weeks usage.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hire car booking through Ryanair?’ is closed to new replies.