Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Hipsters and jam jars
  • mark90
    Free Member

I was going to put something about rusty nails, but Gibbs drinks Bourbon rather than Scotch.

jimmy

all try so hard to be different yet look identical with

Replace **** with relevant values to particular decade.

Recycling jam jars tho? I bet some artisan supplier is knocking them out freshly made rather than collecting from the glass bins.

lemonysam
    Free Member

BobaFatt
    Free Member

never knew about this phenomenon, so I had a look on ebay at Mason Jars – they look fun for a bbq, might order some

binners

Fast forward ten years. There’s going to be a generation of bald fat blokes with ill-advised fashion statement full sleeve tattoos, bitching about whatever has replaced the hipster.

They’ll probably have moved on from fixies to mountain bikes, but will still enjoy comparing notes on craft beers, bread makers, and moaning about everything, in a trite middle class way

If only there were an Internet forum where they’re obviously destined to end up…..

😆

tazzymtb

Binners, thats pretty much described the ss fraternity since the early 90’s. 😀

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Better than plastic.

Always better to see further than fashion and connect/smile with (non-aggressive) people, even if you personally don’t like their clothes/drinking vessel. I use a military flask but I’m not using it to look military. If I was, I might still be a nice/interesting person.

I think it is possibly a trend nowadays to talk quite badly of/ridicule strangers who follow any fashion except one’s own.

Trying to think how I’d feel if some stranger took enough interest in me to photograph me in my Crocs with my flask for public ridicule? I wear them because of metatarsalgia, but my persona would prob be mostly the same even if I wore them because I liked the shape or colour, or because my mates did? Maybe not. All very confusing, I wonder what Spock would say?

bigjim

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Hipsters and jam jars’ is closed to new replies.