Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Hipster!?Eh?
  • cfinnimore
    Free Member

Got called a hipster today. Insultingly.

I am fully aware of what this implies.

My clothes don’t fit, my beard’s all wrong, I like coffee in little cups.

Down with labels!

nealglover
    Free Member

Do you wear trendy glasses though.

legend
    Free Member

cfinnimore – Member
    Got called a hipster today. Insultingly.

I am fully aware of what this implies.

My clothes don’t fit, my beard’s all wrong, I like coffee in little cups.

Down with labels!

And then you went online to tell the world – mission complete.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I know, lolz.

I wanted to instagramtumblrfacebookify it but i don’t know how, so i though i’d do this instead.

glupton1976
    Free Member

And then you went online to tell the world – mission transformation complete.

Fixed it.

yunki
    Free Member

ain’t nuthin new

molgrips
    Free Member

I went into my LBS asking about track wheels, for an actual velodrome bike. He asked me if it was for road or track. ROAD? Do I look like a wannabe London hipster ffs? I nearly punched him*

* not really, he’s a nice bloke 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

do you though molgrips!?

do you though?

It seems my failure to dress myself properly whilst on a caffeine binge and not bothering to shave for a month has put my in a box. A hipster box.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Hope you’re typing this on a Mac.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I am currently in London.. but my bike is firmly in the utilitarian category. Gears and panniers.. the only risk factor is a negative rise stem and an eclectic mix of components that just might be so random it’s cool…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hope you’re typing this on a Mac, while charging it and scrumping the interwebz from a coffee shop without buying anything in there.

FTFY.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Hope you’re typing this on a Mac, while charging it and scrumping the interwebz from a coffee shop without buying anything in there…and wearing £250 Japanese import selvedge skinny jeans, American Apparel zip-up hoody with the zip open, but the cord tied in a bow and limited edition New Balance trainers

I think it’s good to go now.

househusband

If there was ever a look I’d try to mimic it’d be steampunk. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think it’s good to go now.

Can we just stick “and looking miserable” on the end before we send it?

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Hope you’re typing this on a Mac, while charging it and scrumping the interwebz from a coffee shop without buying anything in there…and wearing £250 Japanese import selvedge skinny jeans, American Apparel zip-up hoody with the zip open, but the cord tied in a bow and limited edition New Balance trainers AND looking miserable

By popular request.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yay! Prefecto. 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

That description’s familiar!

It’s the boy who stands at the entrance of Urban Outfitters saying “hey bro”.

Sounds like “If I can’t see your ankles, you can’t come in”. Bro.

chakaping
    Free Member

Your posts do read a bit like you’re stoned OP.

I suspect you were secretly flattered.

aa
    Free Member

is there anything wrong with being a hipster? (genuine question)

Northwind

You weren’t a hipster before not being a hipster was cool

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    fizzicist
    Free Member

At risk of sounding like a grumpy old fart (I’m 34 you know…) can someone please explain why people have fixed gear bikes with track wheels on and walk around pushing said bike?

Fashion ain’t my thing but I just don’t get it. Why? What’s the point of the bike if you’re walking?

aa
    Free Member

crap, i’ve been hankering for a cinelli vigorelli……

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

crap, i’ve been hankering for a cinelli vigorelli

Please don’t, I’ve got one and now every man and his dog are buying them.

I suppose you could say, I had one before they were cool.

piemonster

do you though molgrips!?

do you though?

It seems my failure to dress myself properly whilst on a caffeine binge and not bothering to shave for a month has put my in a box. A hipster box.

Simply douse yourself with cheap lager and achieve a very different result. It helps if you are also heavily drunk.

edhornby

I was accused of being a ‘fixie Hipster’ by a 5yr old !!!

whose Dad I know and go riding mountain bikes with !!!

WHOSE DAD IS ON THIS FORUM !!!!!!!

bloody cheek *I ride a fixed gear and I have specs and was wearing a campag hat under my helmet because all the pads have fallen off*

aa
    Free Member

ed,

yeah, yeah, yeah.

I also wear specs and wear a cycling hat under my helmet. And have done since the 1980’s, and always will. If i’m hip’ster’ then cool.
    Someone once commented on the retro coolness of my mtb, i replied by saying it was very modern when i bought it.
    Cool or otherwise has no bearing on its function.

nicko74

At risk of sounding like a grumpy old fart (I’m 34 you know…) can someone please explain why people have fixed gear bikes with track wheels on and walk around pushing said bike?

Because they don’t know how to ride them. They’ve got as far as “fixie bikes are cool”, but didn’t read the next chapter that says “a bike’s no good if you can’t ride it”

(from someone who rides a fixie to work… in full mtb gear)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Chris, I am probably way too far out the loop to have a clue, and no offence like, but anyone that calls you a hipster needs a frikkin lobotomy if they’ve not already had one

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Exactly Al, exactly.

*wot al sed!*

MrSmith
    Free Member

Think I would rather be called a hipster than ‘ middle management I.T. Type’

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

As a general rule of thumb, if people on STW think something is ‘hipster’, it probably got abandoned by real hipsters a while ago.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I think i’ll mark this down as worst OP ever.

*slopes off to bed*

MrSmith
    Free Member

Very true. Nobody wants to be a courier with a fixie anymore, that’s so 2007 (2010 in the north/shires) now a Barista is the cool low paid job with tattoos and a ‘scene’

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Hipster!?Eh?’ is closed to new replies.