Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hips clicking at night. What exercise?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Seem to be tightening up overnight so when I turn over hips click loudly, no real pain but not comfortable. Doing clamshells and lunges but doesn’t seem to be sorting. Been a week of poor sleep. What other exercises are worth trying out?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Salsa.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Glass of cod liver oil before bed

whitestone
    Free Member

Go and see a sports physio?

peaslaker
    Free Member

Sleep with pillow between knees

peaslaker
    Free Member

Balance board

scaredypants

Salsa

the bed’ll look like a murder scene with that shit all over the sheets

DT78
    Free Member

Currently short on money so paying for treatment not possible at the moment. Use a pillow already. As much as my wife would like me to take up salsa no time….just 30 mins or so in the morning to stretch

tmb467
    Free Member

Dunno if it’ll help at all but…
    I went to see a physio about hip pain – his view was that there was an imbalance between chest and pelvis. Said there was no support for the pelvis from the adductors and psoas / core.

Gave me a load of breathing exercises to do and said to make sure I could touch my toes properly (as that needs the core to work as well as the hips). After a few weeks all hip pain had started to disappear. Main exercise was the short seated wall reach. 5 sets of 5. And if you google 90/90 breathing exercise you’ll see the second. Main aim was to be able to use stomach muscles to exhale deeply and relearn how to breathe with the diaphragm.

Hope it helps – at least it’s free advice (but specific to me – may not be what’s up with you)

twisty

Isn’t sex supposed to be good for this.
    Might not work but it is worth a try.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hips clicking at night. What exercise?’ is closed to new replies.