Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hiplock, anyone else got one??
  • isitafox
    Free Member

Been debating what bike lock to buy for a while now as I only wanted something to throw on if I called in the shop/butchers on the school run or went to the gym and didn’t want to have to wrap something around my bike whilst riding or carry it in a rucksack.
    I’ve had my eye on a Hiplock for a few months and spotted an offer on FB the other week so finally decided to plump for a v1.5 which I got for £55 delivered and I’m well impressed. Really comfy to wear, a lot more heavy duty than the pictures suggest and looks quite impressive when fitted which should deter any wannabe thieves. To be fair I live and ride in a really low crime area and haven’t heard of anyone having a bike stolen from outside anywhere ever I think but better to be safe than sorry. If anyone is thinking of picking one up I’d highly recommend it!

riddoch

I’ve got one, the one that’s silver rated rasher than gold.
    However I’d accidentally locked my bike to someone else’s at work. I came back to a note that they’d been able to unlock it but weren’t going to tell me how. I haven’t used it since and invested in abus u lock.

isitafox
    Free Member

Sounds like you need to lock the abus up to their bike as well until they reveal all!
    Are you positive you locked it up to theirs or are you just going off what the note said? I think something like that would need clarifying so you could pass the info back to the manufacturer.

zilog6128

I have a Hiplock Lite which I really like. It’s very comfortable to wear and while it doesn’t seem mega-secure I only use it when I’m leaving my bike for a short time so I’m happy enough with it.

riddoch’s story ^^^ is a bit worrying as they are supposed to be very pick-resistant due to the shape of the keyhole. Are you sure you didn’t velcro it onto your bike by accident instead of locking it? (I did that the first time I used the lock. 😳 Fortunately it was still there when I got back!)

ahwiles
    Free Member

riddoch – Member

I came back to a note that they’d been able to unlock it but weren’t going to tell me how. I haven’t used it since and invested in abus u lock.

it is possible to ‘use’ the lock in such a way the you can open it with the velcro…

(ie, you’ve only one end of the chain in the lock)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hiplock, anyone else got one??’ is closed to new replies.