Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • hip pain…. anyone else have similar?
  • oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

pain in the outer part of my left hip… pretty mild, more annoying than anything.

Used to get it when my saddle was too high but its been better since I dropped it a little, came back when I raised it et… but I don’t think it particularly is high any more, it is definitely lower than optimum at climb height (have dropper post).

My seat is pretty far back on its rails, so I was thinking of bringing it forward a little, but I’m short in the leg for my height 31″ inseam at 6 foot so liked the extra room, dont want to go any longer than the 70mm stem I already have (its a 160mm enduro bike).

Anyone else have similar, how did you solve it?

dazh

You sure it’s your hip? I had something similar for about 2-3 years, thought nothing of it and kept riding, then one night I rode home from work and my back seized up I ended up off the bike for about 3 months. Physio said it was a bulging disc and the previous hip pain was probably referred pain from my back (he couldn’t find anything wrong with my hip), and that if I’d had it checked out earlier it would have been very easy to fix. Might be worth a checkup with a physio if it doesn’t go away after some bike adjustments.

kcal

something similar, as you say seems saddle height related – also possibly grunting up hills. Haven’t seen a physic about though, hope it’s not the onset of anything nasty in hip itself :!

langylad
    Free Member

Got regular pain on the outside of my hip a couple of years ago whilst running, thought it might be a ware and tear problem. I also had a lower back problem and went to the physio who gave me some glute stretching exercises, which completely cured the hip, and did alleviate the back pain. The stretch involves lying on your back and resting one ankle on your other knee whilst lifting the knee towards your head; sounds wrong, looks wrong, but might just help.

dogman
    Free Member

I had pain to outer hip chiropractor said sprained back ???
    Have since bought foam roller
    which I sit in to massage butt muscle which is very tight
    Best 15.quid spent
    Highly recommended foam roller

langylad
    Free Member

Dogman, tight butt muscles here too (he says modestly), they seem to be the root cause of numerous problems in the midrift/back area.

MrOvershoot

My left hip has been playing up of late, pain varies between nagging to me yelping in pain at the slightest movement with weight on it.
    Today its fine but tomorrow could be agony?
    Mines not bike related, more likely me having to lift the wife on and off her wheelchair

Mackem

I used to, had 2 weeks off bike, one day walking along, big crack from hip area. Pain gone. Weird.

dogman
    Free Member

Give the foam roller a go !
    When not in use can also be used as a comfy
    Perch when playing Xbox too !!

Trekster

Tilted pelvis?
    Youtube stretches….

worldrallyteam
    Free Member

Yep – dull ache in left hip, also having a sore lower back, back always gets sore when on MTB , never on road bike. Need to try physio, good call, automatically think start of arthritis..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘hip pain…. anyone else have similar?’ is closed to new replies.