• This topic has 11 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jhw.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hip Jump Pics
  • Brentstyle
    Free Member

Hi! I want to build a hip jump into my new trail. Please post any pics of your own efforts that might help inspire me in shaping it! Thanks

JRTG
    Free Member

Do it with style! will you be bmxing it or mtbing it? ridden many of these on a bmx…sadly all the pics of the trails in the woods are still in a box…somewhere

Brentstyle
    Free Member

That is massive and on a rigid BMX too! I’ll be using a mtb.

jedi

bmxis the perfect jumping tool.
    what hip you thinking? dirt? size?

willjones
    Free Member

Most of the trails shots in this set are of hips:

gate to cowpat

This jump’s ace – dead steep, stepped up a bit with a 6ft lip, landing into a roller then onto a 15ft pointy set. Scope for lots of ‘pull back and yank’ 🙂

woods again

EDIT – to fix broken link

leggyblonde
    Free Member

video still of a small hip:

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Heres a couple of hip jumps at the trails, we just carved them out of a natural banking. Takeoff on the right is slightly hipped and the one on left is about 90 degrees. Not huge, there up/down sort of jumps where you only get about 3foot of distance

Doing an invert over the 90 degree one some years ago

PeteG55
    Free Member

Thats not big, this is. Dane Searles is a mentalist.

AlexSimon

Hang on – most of these aren’t hips (including the video). A hip jump is where you have to turn in the air to land.
    Like at least this much (they don’t have to have a gap).
    http://www.robbiemiranda.com/upload1/e/hip.jpg

Brentstyle
    Free Member

I think Alex is right – there is a difference between a double and a hip jump. The Robbie Miranda shot is good as it shows the take-off/transition in relation to the landing. I’v e been busy building what I think will work as a hip this weekend. Will post a picture when it’s fully formed.

AlexSimon

I quite like the ones that just ramp up to an existing banking.
    They feel really nice to do, but I think that my wheels probably only ago about 6 inches off the ground.

Like this one but maybe more up/down as davidtaylforth was saying.
    http://freeridejunkie.co.uk/Blog%20Images/Delamere%20Hip%20Jumppsd%20s.jpg

I’ve done that one a few times – it’s in Delamere

jhw
    Free Member

Good call. I like both hip jumps and ridges and we’ve seen both on here this week. “Hip jumps on ridges” thread?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hip Jump Pics’ is closed to new replies.