Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Hillsborough
  • project
    Free Member

MSP – Member

Those in power and positions of authority who have lied and schemed to pervert the course of justice should trully be ashamed of themselves. Hopefully some will be made an example of.

Hopefully all will be treated as the criminals they are.

and to right they shoud, take their pensions off them and their made up honorary degrees, betison is already being targetted to loose his from a liverpool uni.

To think these people responsible have probably lied to their families and freinds about what they knew and covered up, if we can prosecute and imprison so called rioters for taking a bottle of water, then these people need to be outed and prosecuted.

Quote button not working again.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Mellor, an opportunist of the highest order, a ‘fan’ of chelski, before that he was a ‘fan’ of another club.

disingenuous, at best, to call for heads to roll, he knew long ago, he’s part of the system that is responsible for this charade, Democracy, you’re havin a laff.

Its only the tireless campaign by working class people that has exposed this.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

before that he was a ‘fan’ of another club.

We don’t want him back, you know.

D0NK

Timc how very eloquent of you. Pingu also, I was here asking for info on a subject I didn’t know a lot about, turns out what I did “know” was BS either from the media or direct from the police. I’ve since been educated a little on the subject. Bring in human nature, crowd dynamics, the previous incidents and SW safety record, this was a tragedy waiting to happen.

My original view was one shared some others here and quite a few people I know, a few of you took offence at my post which I regret but I don’t apologise for asking the question, maybe could have worded it better tho.

binners

Nice to see, with everything that’s happened, that South Yorkshire Police have learnt a bit of contrition and humility

the final insult

They just don’t get it do they? 🙄

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Bettison, who has degrees and an FBI qualification, was knighted in 2006.
    He has said that police deserve “unequivocal support”, writing: “You don’t value something until you are in danger of losing it

[irony]Restores your faith, doesn’t it?[/irony] In the words of my hero – “F*ckity Bye”

MSP

There are a few coppers who post on here, and they seem a fairly decent bunch. Usually whenever there is a discussion on policing they tell us how actually they are representative of the majority of the police force.

Well if there are any decent honest police officers left in the force, now is the time to stand up and make your voice heard, stop protecting the criminals, the liars, the violent, the corrupt and the vile propagandists like Bettison, they need throwing out from within.

If you keep closing rank to protect the scum, how do you really expect to police by consent.

MSP

timc
    Free Member

D0NK – Member
    My original view was one shared some others here and quite a few people I know, a few of you took offence at my post which I regret but I don’t apologise for asking the question, maybe could have worded it better tho.

Bore off you weasel

D0NK

nevermind, too emotive a subject for me to get arsey about a bit of name calling.

konabunny
    Free Member

Mellor was in charge of the Football Task Force in the late 90s, and I believe was at the Home Office when it set up the Taylor review post Hillsborough, and despite being a Chelsea fan, is probably less of a bandwagon jumper than most politicians who are spouting about this.

Mellor was a Tory MP at that time the Tory government drafted and passed the Criminal Justice Bill, a profoundly anti-fan piece of legislation, and for that alone he can FOAD. He wasn’t in government at the time it was passed because he had been caught with his snout in too many troughs – taking free holidays from opaque operators in Palestine and Abu Dhabi.

binners

If anyone’s going to emerge from this with any credit, then Andy Burnham should receive some acknowledgement, for tirelessly campaigning for justice for the 96. An MP who definitely wasn’t bandwagon jumping. I used to go to the footy with Andy when we were about 10 or 11 onwards. He’s a fanatical Everton fan, but we shouldn’t hold that against him 😉

pingu66
    Free Member

Bettison should be fed to a pack of wolves, and I mean literally not metaphorically. I would pay to get him to the nearest forest with wolves myself. He is making far to much noise to be innocent and anyone who needs to say “I didn’t do anything wrong” usually has. I don’t care about his qualifications he was a part of that organisation in a senior role. He was aware.

MSP I am sure there are a few coppers in here. I am sure that a large portion of our police force are honourable, however equally I am sure there are a number that aree not and I am afraid there are not enough whistle blowers, yes its very difficult in that environment.

However in 23 years not a single office in SYP stood up for what is right for real justice. Not a single officer of the 116 who’s “recollections” were changed stood up. Not a single officer of the 195 who were on duty as Hillsborough that still work for SYP stood up over the last 23 years and said the public and the families of the 96 souls that died that day are being misled.

Not a single officer has had the courage to come out and tell the truth. To cap it all Mr Bettison is still saying the actions of the fans made their jobs difficult that day. I am sorry we made your job difficult Mr Bettison, I am sure 96 innocent people dying made your job difficult. I am sure that 96 lost souls created more paperwork than usual.

I am sure that if the 96 could talk they would apologise for making your colleagues role on that day a little harder. However Mr Bettison are you sure as all we see from that day is every single officer lying and as you were not on duty that day how the hell would you know.

Fall on your sword at least for once just once in your sad sordid little life that has been a lie for at least the last 23 years do the honorable thing.

project
    Free Member

Mr Bettison was made chief constable of merseyside police for all his efforts, then left for some other well paid jobs.

lots of info here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Bettison#Use_of_police_resources_to_edit_Wikipedia_page

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘Hillsborough’ is closed to new replies.