Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hightower Build, Forks Choice, Votes on a Post Card.
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

I’m starting my Hightower build next week & it’s either some brand new 2016 Pike RCT3 150’s which I bought last month, or (daft impulse buy) 2016 Fox fit4 150’s boxed like new, note it’s being built as a 29er.

I’ve got fit 4’s on a V2 Bronson i recently built & like them but I know there’s a huge Pike following, If anyone has tried both forks on a 29er I’d be interested in your thoughts.

After tinkering I’ve found the fit 4’s really plush of the top ramp up nicely & very easy to add volume reducers, any slight adjustments mid ride are instantly felt.

After buying the pikes I rode a friends Insurgent with new Lyrics & was very impressed by both bike & fork but it’d be war with the missus if I were to buy anything else, the XX1 cassette just about caused a nuclear meltdown… ouch.

Cheers

honourablegeorge

You’re meant to do the internet searching/questioning BEFORE you buy the forks

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds like you already know you need that Lyrik.

😉

pipiom
    Free Member

Pike for me

yorkycsl
    Free Member

honourablegeorge, I know but I work over seas & been away a lot recently, I want the parts at home BEFORE I start the build, options available to me & all that.

Lyrics are spot on but been a very bad lad recently on the goodies for the build & it would be my balls of if I bought some.

carlos
    Free Member

Ohlins RXF’s?? for something a bit different

woodster

MRP Stage. I had Pikes in my codeine and was never keen and they broke a lot. Tried some 36s and they felt good but pergolas lacking in supple feel. The Stages feel fantastic, have a huge service interval and just feel spot on to me.

chakaping
    Free Member

You better get one of each, just to be on the safe side.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hightower Build, Forks Choice, Votes on a Post Card.’ is closed to new replies.