• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Highlands: need tipps around Glen Afric
  • don66
    Free Member

Hi,
    i’m planning another tour through the western highlands, but am not sure, if my route for the Glen Afric region is OK, so i would be glad for some tipps.

I know that some riders done the Falls of Glomach, but heard that it is very difficult, even dangerous. On my tour i want to push this way upwards (with approx 6 pounds of luggage), what do you think about?

From there i want to go to Alltbeithe. Do you recommend Glen Licht or Bealach an Sgairne? I would prefer the last one (not because it is easy, but because it is hard 8) ).

An alternate route would be like Highlandtrail550: Glen Ling-Dornie-Morvich-Glen Licht, but that’s the chicken way 😉

From Alltbeithe straight to Cluanie it’s supposed to be very boggy. Do someone know this track, is it really this bad?

From Cluanie i want to go to Kinloch Hourne via the old route to the isles and just before Loch Loyne bending into Easter Glen Quoich and follow it till the northern “Fjord” of Loch Quoich. Is this ridable? (Last time i went (not rode!) through Glen Nevis from Steall Falls to Loch Treig and till Luibelt it was no fun (the track, not the landscape).

From Kinloch Hourne to Barrisdale it’s lot of pushing, i know, but want to do this anyway.

Another reagion: Assynt. Do someone knows the track trough Gleann Leireag from Loch Assynt to the north?

Thanks
    Martin

Here you can take a look to my last tour in 2012, inspired by 13thfloormonk (regards)
    http://www.panoramio.com/user/6978858?comment_page=1&photo_page=1

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Highlands: need tipps around Glen Afric’ is closed to new replies.