Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Highlander – anyone able to do me a synopsis for the first 10 minutes?
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Right, My Mum has bagged the telly for some part 2 thing that finishes at 10.30. There has been nothing much on telly then the first thing I want to watch and I have to miss the first 10 mins.

Does anything important happen? And is it a film worth watching?

Cheers!

druidh
    Free Member

You really need to see the beginning as this sets the scene for the tale of Connor Mcleod and his nemesis.

bassspine
    Free Member

scottish bloke meets italian bloke, discovers he's immortal. now read on.
    the first highlander is pretty good, the second and third suck. there can be only one

erbii
    Free Member

The first shot is one of the best.. Watch it on Utube

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah right – I've just looked at wikipedia and read the first paragraphs only. Does this fill around 10 mins do you think?

Connor MacLeod (Christopher Lambert) was born in the year 1518 "in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel." In 1536, his clan is in conflict with the Clan Fraser, and Connor rides along into his first battle. The Frasers are working with a towering monster of a man known as The Kurgan (Clancy Brown), who has recognized that Connor is a fellow Immortal and hopes to use the battle to kill Connor before he becomes aware of his abilities. On the battlefield, Connor wonders why none of the Fraser's forces will attack him, until he comes across the Kurgan and is struck by an odd pain (from sensing the proximity of another immortal, though he doesn't know it at the time). This leaves him open to attack.
    The Kurgan mortally wounds Connor and prepares to decapitate him, but the MacLeod kinsmen intervene just before this occurs, with the Kurgan vowing to return. The clan mourn Connor, but he miraculously revives shortly after his "death." Accusing him of witchcraft, Connor's clansmen beat him and prepare to burn him, but his cousin Angus (James Cosmo) persuades them to exile Connor instead. He escapes with his life but is banished forever from his clan and birthplace.

Smee
    Free Member

Connor is run out of town. Can you walk? I can bloody well walk out of here… Sounds about right for the first 10-15 mins.

pyekid
    Free Member

Hey Simon, How's things? this is all you need to watch http://www.angryalien.com/0905/highlanderbuns.asp.
    whats the weather like around your way? we're planning a trip up next week.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It's complicated:-

Present Day
    French poof watches wrestling but decides to go back to his car.

Days of old
    French poof with a crap scottish accent goes to fight some other men in skirts

Present Day
    French poof has a big scrap with a fat Nicolas Parsons in an underground car park.

Nicolas gets his head cut off and lightening comes out of his body.

Days of old
    Frenchie has a scrap with the other men in skirts but no-one will fight him. Clancy Brown sticks his big chopper right inside Frenchie.

He's about to get his head chopped off (which you know won't happen as you've already seen him in the present day section of the film) when his family save him.

He's supposed to die, but doesn't.

His missus decides she'd rather he was dead and declares him in league with satan.

He gets banished from his village

Present day
    Frenchie fails to drive his nice sports car out of the underground car park in time to evade the cops in New York (and hey, that would NEVER happen).

It's a very homo-erotic film. But worth watching.

Harry_the_Spider

Space ship lands on desolate planet
    Alien attaches to space man's face
    Alien explodes from his chest
    Alien runs off into space ship
    Crew try to catch it

First 10 mins sorted. The rest will make perfect sense now.

HTH 🙂

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Actually Harry the Spiders precis is better.

The Alien was wearing a kilt.

Job done.

GrahamS

It's a very homo-erotic film. But worth watching.

erm… what? Glad it turned you on, but it didn't work for me on that level!

Great film though. Should be part of the modern classics curriculum along with Alien(s), Terminator and Predator. 😀

Smee
    Free Member

What's homo-erotic about folk chopping each others heads off?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Glad it turned you on, but it didn't work for me on that level!

Try watching it wearing a kilt – it makes all the difference……

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It's the overt masculinity about wandering around (in skirts) insisting on chopping each others heads off, whilst still being all brotherly "give me your hand brother".

I'm surprised they didn't baby oil up before each fight!

It's a good film. But it's VERY 80s and Christopher Lambert couldn't act his way onto Eastenders!

Oh, and Queen did the soundtrack.

Here endeth the Camp-analogy…..

druidh
    Free Member

DrRSwank – Member
    It's the overt masculinity about wandering around (in skirts) insisting on chopping each others heads off, whilst still being all brotherly "give me your hand brother".

I'm surprised they didn't baby oil up before each fight!

It's a good film. But it's VERY 80s and Christopher Lambert couldn't act his way onto Eastenders!

Oh, and Queen did the soundtrack.

Here endeth the Camp-analogy…..

Well, that certainly rang a bell with me…….

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hi Martin – shame you guys are not here this week. It hasnt really got above freezing, and road conditions are pretty dicey. I need to try and motivate myself to get out as I have only gone into town for an hour since I got here a week ago!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Oh and now I am confused about the film. May just give it a miss who knows!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

LOL – I'm not dissing the film – it's just camp as!

And I'm not dissing camp – I quite like dressing up in ladies clothes…..

geoffj

May just give it a miss who knows!

I would!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I've climbed onto the Cioch in the Black Cuillins on the I O Skye, where they filmed a sword fight scene. I can't remember who, possibly Lambert and Connery in another homo-erotic, training to be a….er….swordsman scene. It's an excellent scramble/climb, I'd love to know how they got them up there, in costumes, with cameras and various ontourage.

jahwomble
    Free Member

It's pants, but not quite as homo erotic as the fast and the furious, or many James bond films.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

If Lambert was climbing first with Connery following it'd be pretty **** camp!

Look –

French man who barely speaks English pretending to be Scottish = CAMP
    Soundtrack by Queen = CAMP
    Lots of male bonding = CAMP
    Starts off with wrestling = CAMP
    He's called Russel = CAMP
    He's been alive for 500 years and only had sex twice = CAMP
    He uses a sword instead of a chainsaw, or a ruddy big gun = CAMP

It's a camp film people. Good, but camp.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

null

I rest my case

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Highlander – anyone able to do me a synopsis for the first 10 minutes?’ is closed to new replies.