Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Highland Wildcat Trails in Golspie
  • roughneck
    Free Member

Whats it like.

Spesh99
    Free Member

Only ever done the black and some of the red but it was awesome the descent is great with some massive tabletops at the start and some nice technical bits through the woods and at the end there are some smaller tabletops and berms which are great fun. Oh yeah the black uphill is the best uphill I have ever ridden as it has a whole load of technical features on it. I believe the trails were built by the same guy that did spooky woods at Glentress.

stevomcd
    Free Member

As Spesh99 says, it’s excellent. One big up (with some very technical climbing) and one big down, but there’s nothing wrong with that!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    devs
    Free Member

Like the others say, Awesome up, awesome down. It can be done on a HT but I would advise FS. It’s the longest uninterrupted DH in the UK (trailcentre)at something like 7.5km. It’s pretty technical so you might want to stop and check out some of the features first, especially after the bridge half way down. All the jumps and drops have some kind of chicken run so just about any standard can ride it although the top half of the black has some rocky chutes that might scare the bejaysus out of a newbie. Ride it as many times as you can because it just gets better each time.

Golspie is the best trail centre in Scotland in my opinion.

Why other centres don’t have technical climbs like Lactic Ladder is beyond me – way more fun than winching your way up a forest road. And the descent is superb rocky and technical at the top (the black part)- big swoopy BMX track type feel at the bottom (the red part). Fantastic!

Some photos here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/scottishmountainbikeguides/sets/72157613387595578/

Phil
    http://www.scottishmountainbikeguides.com

Cronnie
    Free Member

It’s the best trail centre I’ve ever ridden. Somehow even though it’s all obviously man-made it feels ‘natural’ and up-to-date in terms of how the design of these places has developed. The table tops at the bottom are fantastic. The scenery is stunning. It’s well worth the journey. When you get there you’ll ride it at least twice and wish you could stay longer.

Yetiman
    Free Member

here’s a couple of taster vids from our trips to Golspie

devs
    Free Member

Hey Yetiman, I watched your vid about 8 times the night before I went up for the first time. It certainly helped! Good riding, you all make it look a lot easier than it feels when you are there.

Yetiman
    Free Member

Glad to be of service devs. We’ve been up there a few times now so know it well. How did you get on?

sodafarls
    Free Member

That vid looks excellent. Got to get up there this summer.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Highland Wildcat Trails in Golspie’ is closed to new replies.