Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • High(er) rise stem – 25.4mm – what to buy?
  • james
    Free Member

Am after a stem with a bit more rise to get my handlebars level with my saddle at pedalling height

I’ve got 25.4mm handlebars, which limits things a bit

A Thomson 100/110 15 degree only rises the bars around 12mm above my 6 degree FSA 90/105mm’s (While retaining the same horizontal fore-aft position)

I bought a bontrager 120/25 degree (works out to be the closest fore-aft position), to find the bolt hole hadn’t been drilled straight.
    Sent it back
    The replacement’s faceplate wasn’t drilled properly so didn’t line up with the stem
    Sent it back
    The online retailer has now refunded me (I asked for a replacement if they had any), so either they have no more, they have none that have been made properly or just don’t want to deal with my ‘fussyness’

What else is out there with a 25.4mm clamp with around 25mm of rise

The specialized 20-28 degree one would be about right, but only comes in a 31.8mm clamp, so would need oversize handlebars as well

The hope 25 degree is on short stems only
    Salsa only do 15 and 40 degree stems

Or should I get 2.5″ high rise bars instead? Though may actually look worse than a high rise stem(Current ones are 1.5″ mid rise ones)

freakcrab
    Free Member

I’d say higher rise bars would massively increase your choice.
    Took a look at this last year trying to replace a Kona orignal 17 degree rise stem.
    Lack of choice meant I ended up with a 5 degree rise stem and a higher rise bar from Easton (seem to be a good source for different rises).

heihei

Check out On-One – should be able to pick one up in their sale.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    james
    Free Member

“Check out On-One – should be able to pick one up in their sale”

They’re all roo short. I want to keep the fore-aft position so need over 100mm really. Most are either too little or too much rise

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘High(er) rise stem – 25.4mm – what to buy?’ is closed to new replies.