Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Highball v Solaris
  • drapper
    Free Member

Hi guys,

Don’t have the luxury of trying either of these as I’m in Dublin and they are like hens teeth. I’m swapping out my FF29 medium frame (which I feel is a tad long on the TT) for either of these and need your help. I’m 5ft 8 and a tad and suffer with the long legs 31.5 inch and shortish torso. So I’m after a medium Highball or a small/medium Solaris – however the three have various ETTS. Anyone been in this situation and which bike and size did you settle for?

Confused and appreciate your thoughts guys!

D.

Ohh if anyone has either for these frames for sale too a DM please 🙂

Clink

The Highball have short ett for their size (e.g 23″ on medium frame with 17.5″ seat-tube). Sounds perfect for what you are after?

drapper
    Free Member

I think you are right Ckink. Seems to a tad longer than the small Solaris… I’m a fan British bikes so curious if I’d be crazy with a small Solaris – I’m almost certain the medium would be like cycling a field gate even with a short stem….

mboy
    Free Member

Have you thought about just swapping to a small FF29 instead?

The medium is quite long in the TT for its size, at 5ft8 with long legs I’d have put you on a small FF29 anyway. Solaris TT is even longer size for size. Solaris also has much less rear tyre clearance annoyingly.

oxym0r0n

As above – Solaris has a long TT ~ I have a medium with an 80mm stem and I am a 1/2in off 6″.

(I’ve not found the rear tyre clearance a problem but run 1×10 with a 2.25 tyre)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Highball v Solaris’ is closed to new replies.