Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • High Roller Set Up ?
  • beerbelly
    Free Member

Cuurently running conti verticals but fancy a change to high rollers thinking of a 2.35 Singly ply 42a super tacky front & a 60a Rear for wales , peaks etc anyone else any better ideas

uplink
    Free Member

I find them very draggy on the rear – HR/Vert combo worked well for me

I_Ache
    Free Member

I had double Super Tacky High Rollers then went to double maxxpro (60a) when one of those strangely slit last week I put a Larson TT on the back. Now I have a 2.35 maxxpro high roller on the front and a 2.35 maxxpro Larson TT on the back and after going for a moderately muddy ride in the woods yesterday I can say its a pretty good combo. The larson grips nearly as well as the high roller on the back but roll a lot better and I'm finding it a lot easier to get upto speed and didnt loose control over slipy roots once. The larson is a bit narrower than a high roller but that you be because the knobs dont stick out as much.

RepacK
    Free Member

HR's seem ok – I have them on my Blur LT, a bit draggy but great grip but then what 2.35 tyre wont be draggy?

pinches
    Free Member

i also have a super tacky 2.35 high roller on the front with a 2.0 larsen TT on the back its a great combo, fast rolling and also loads of grip.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

I've got that exact combo and I find it perfect. The grip level is very good and the roll very well too. Draggy compared to some tyres but still fast and if you wanted something faster the larson is an option to change to. But the riding your on about, I'd recommend them. Even the single plys are tough and i've never had a flat while using them for about 1 1/2 years.

poppa
    Free Member

2.35" Kenda Small Block 8's aren't draggy off road, and are light. Nice. Not for mud though 🙁

traildog
    Free Member

Well, yes draggy compared to Vert Pros but a whole different level of protection and more grip.

beerbelly
    Free Member

Yea im after more grip going to be used on my nomad in rocky areas

Telemaster18
    Free Member

sound like the perfect combo then. are they still doing HRs though?

beerbelly
    Free Member

Think so but chainreaction only have the super tacky in stock

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Think i will be favouring a 2.1 hight roller rear and 2.35 maxpro high roller front

racing_ralph
    Free Member

anyone tried a maxxis ardent 2.25 at the back as opposed to a high roller?

pinches
    Free Member

if you wanted something faster the larson is an option to change to.

i ran larsens all round twice, dangerously fast but, i found the front would wash out if you really push them into a berm on the shoulder of the tyre i found they just fell over.

chvck
    Free Member

anyone tried a maxxis ardent 2.25 at the back as opposed to a high roller?

I've wanted to but dont appear to be done in UST!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

use a none ust then

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘High Roller Set Up ?’ is closed to new replies.