Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • High Roller II tubeless?
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Anyone tried the new HRII tubeless? Maxxis normally good fit tyres on the rim and was wondering about one up front with some stans no tubes sealent.

goatster
    Free Member

Wasn’t aware they did a HR 2 UST?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

They dont was wondering about the 2.4exo. Will I get away with just some sealent and running it without a tube? Anyone tried?

goatster
    Free Member

In that case prob yes… if you’ve got a compressor to seat it quick. No chance with a pump.
    T

MarkN
    Free Member

Not tried the HR 2 but I can vouch for the HR working fine in 2.3 single ply. I cant see why the HR2 would not work for you.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Went up ok on XT rim and some Stabs. Left at 40psi to seat. Will try out at 25psi at Quantockd

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m running a standard high roller on my Stans Flow rims, tubeless. Was a bit harder to seat – had to inflate with tube and then undo only one side of the tube. But it sealed OK eventually (using track pump only).

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Mmm looks good up front LUST 2.35 on the back. Why no UST version? Maxxis please reply. Bit of Quaontocks action tomorrow. What psi you running I have deflated to 25psi. I run my Ardents at 20psi. Wondered if I risked any tyre rolling off the rim. I noticed that I could get the HRII on with fingers but LUST needs a little tyre leaver action.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Just fitted a Highroller 2 EXO onto a flow rim (with just yellow tape) yesterday. Went up fine with soapy water and a track pump. Pretty good tyre, rolls well for what it is and plenty of grip!

paul123
    Free Member

Do the tyres stay on the Flows OK with just the yellow tape and rim strip. I thought you had to run a rimstrip unless you used a UST tyre

jonke
    Free Member

I put a 2.4 EXO on a stans rim with the yellow tape – went up without too much issue, but blew off the rim when landing a jump which was a little disconcerting (luckily the one on the rear)! Had previosuly run 2.4 Ardents on for 6 months without issue. Maybe I was unlucky. The tyre was knackered for tubeless after that even with a proper rim strip – would blow off the tyre even while inflating on the rim. Had to run with tubes since. I probably just got a bad one though.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Had not problems with mine on the front ridden pretty hard. As with all tubeless (stans, ust, ghetto), if you run the tyres soft enough and ride hard enough you’ll break the seal. For me the benefits of tubeless are not running soft tyres, but the extra grip and lower resistance you get with same pressures.

Pridds

Blew mine slightly off the rim ( a flow) but it went back on fine and has been fine ever since.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Running high roller 2 exos on stans with no problems.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Well the High Roller II (tubeless 25psi) were superb in 5 hour mud fest on the front and 2.35 out back. Wasnt anything they couldnt handle. Spin up well and little drag. They are staying on for the winter 🙂 Ardent 2.35 LUST front and back on other wheels for trail centre usage. +1 for haven 55mm stem and 711 bars. Just brilliant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘High Roller II tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.