Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • High Roller II 3c max grip DH casing….. Bought cheap but……
  • molly2202
    Free Member

Guys,

Just got hold of two of these, cheap, brand new. Advert just said HR 2s, didn’t say what spec so took a punt.
    Are they any good for UK trail riding in the winter? I ride Gisburn Red route a lot, Grizedale at times, and get out in The Dales when it’s not tipping down.

They feel a little heavy, but I’m nearly 15st, so weight never a thought usually.

Am I better off selling them on and buying something else?

All thoughts welcome….

stevied
    Free Member

DH casing will be heavier and max grip is like super tacky so will wear out faster, roll slower. Never got on with the hr2 for winter as it seemed to lack a bit of bite.

sharkattack

Where did you find them cheap? They’re exactly what I want for the DH bike. Current RRP is ludicrous.

In all honesty, not the best for trail bikes or trail centres. Way too heavy and draggy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

Downhill casing so way overkill for what you want.

Hr2s are great for trail centres but like the man says, bit shallow treaded for mud.

tomaso
    Free Member

It’s horses for courses with tyres and everyone is different. They are heavy bombproof tyres and that will mean zero punctures! Downside is that they will take some muscle to haul around.

smatkins1
    Free Member

Are they any good for UK trail riding in the winter?

They’ll give you the potential to be fooking fast down the hill. You’ll be the envy of all your mates as you glide over every rock and wet root around.

Going back up again though… well your fitness will improve 😀

molly2202
    Free Member

Thanks guys. As I thought. Too heavy, overkill. Anyone wanna take um off my hands? Make an offer

sharkattack

Need an exact size and a price.

molly2202
    Free Member

650b, and 2.40. I can send you pics if you like?

Say £45 each? Where you based?

sharkattack

Sorry I need 26″

molly2202
    Free Member

emailed you sharkattack….

Speeder

£45 each!!! ***** – what’s retail???

* Reeling at the cost of new rubber these days when I’ve mostly bought nearly new.

iolo
    Free Member

Not trying to ruin your sale but they can be got for 49.95€ with warranty if you look on some german sites.

molly2202
    Free Member

£40 if anyone wants one?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You started the thread with:

Just got hold of two of these, cheap, brand new.

I’m guessing you’re going to have to ask foer less than what people can get them for new even without knowing where you got them fro cheap.

chakaping
    Free Member

gotta love a trier though

molly2202
    Free Member

Look pal, if you want one let me know, if you don’t, then do one. Where I got them is my business. They are genuine, and they are not knicked. Read my earlier post – I’m open to offers.

daver27
    Free Member

just buy an alternate rear and run one on the front, then when worn out, stick the other on. bloody great as a front tyre.

stevied
    Free Member

Look pal, if you want one let me know, if you don’t, then do one.

Happy Friday everyone 🙄

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Look pal,

The pally thing to do would be to start another thread

“PSA: Maxxis 3C tyres going cheap at www……………..com”

molly2202
    Free Member

Ardent or something match up to one of these? I run Nobby’s F & R at the moment, and have had a couple of wash outs up Gizzy, but mainly on rooty sections. What’s the recommended partner to a HR2?

molly2202
    Free Member

you want them don’t you thisisnotaspoon?? you know you do!!

richmtb

I’ve got a standard EXO case HRII on the front and run with an Ardent at the rear.

Decent combo, a lot more grip than the Hans Dampf Nobby Nic combo I had on before.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘High Roller II 3c max grip DH casing….. Bought cheap but……’ is closed to new replies.