Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • High Pressure Shock Pumps
  • johnw1984
    Free Member

So I’m looking for a new shock pump as the basic Rockshox one I have only goes to 300psi and loses quite a bit when disconnecting.

My shock is a Monarch Plus RC3 Debonair and requires more air than I’m used to (just to get 30% sag).

Any deals or recommendations on good pumps about?

z1ppy

RockShox do a “High Pressure 600psi” pump, was v cheap on amazon but now back up to £40ish but it available elsewhere for a little less.
    Beto SP-002AG Shock Pump’s is cheaper and goes up to 400psi, I use mine up to 350psi* and it get there though it take a while to increase it past 300psi (it’s a generic model, so maybe cheaper elsewhere)

*For my Monarch Debonair..

johnw1984
    Free Member

Nice one z1ppy, I’ll have a search for those.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Rockshox 600psi shock pump. Has done the job for me so far with a Monarch.

Not sure how but when I bought a 300psi pump from Amazon, it offered me a deal where I could get the 600psi pump for £4 as an add on item.

I keep the 300psi in the kit I carry about and 600 at home. The 300 is plenty though. My Monarch seems to only need about 150psi.

The Reverb on the other hand I find the 600 is more accurate and easier when getting it to 250psi.

p.s. you aren’t losing air on disconnecting, or not much. You hear an escape from the pump, but you will lose some on reconnecting which is why it measures lower.

z1ppy

p.s. you aren’t losing air on disconnecting, or not much. You hear an escape from the pump, but you will lose some on reconnecting which is why it measures lower.

My Beto has a unscrew valve thingy (the technical name is just not coming to mind) ‘no loss’ valve :mrgreen: that supposed to remove all doubt about that

johnw1984
    Free Member

Cheers deadkenny for the tips.

The Beto is less that £20 on Merlin, but the high pressure Rockshox one seems to be around £50.

Beto is in the lead so far I reckon.

granny_ring

I’ve got on of the older Beto pumps and it works ok on my monarch shock.

Northwind

The beto ones are grand.

And if your shock pump loses air from the suspension when you disconnect, it’s not a shock pump.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘High Pressure Shock Pumps’ is closed to new replies.