Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • High mileage motors, what you got and what have you had.?
  • konabunny
    Free Member

sympathy keep cars running happy.

And long runs at normal operating temperature

dekadanse
    Free Member

Several older petrol ‘real’ Saabs in the nineties/early noughties that I took to well over 200K without real issue – 900s tended to need gearboxes between 150 and 200K though. Had one 9000 Aero still very refined drive @ 230K.

More recent GM Saabs of lesser quality. 1.9 TiDs pretty rubbish and needing frequent attention – electrics, suspension, cam belts, water pump. 2.2 TiDs and 9-5s better. My last 9-5 estate went to 201K without needing anything. My present 9-5 estate on 140K and climbing at the rate of 25-30K a year.

Moral of the story – the more GM input, the more to avoid.

stgeorge

Merc 300TE , Petrol, bought at about 240,000 miles . 283,000 miles when got rid of. Best car ever had, £900 well spent.

matt_outandabout

Daft money, but a potential big miles barge. It is local. I am temped – more if it was an estate…

All our cars have done ‘high’ miles according to anyone else…
    ‘recently’
    Seat Cordoba Vario – sold to friends at 140k, they ran until 180k when it was scrappage schemed.
    Passat 1.9tdi – traded in at 180k
    Mazda 323 – bought at 126k, sold a year later at 136k for £100 more than I paid. Immaculate and NOTHING wrong or not working, bar a squeaking electric aerial.
    Touran – sold at 160k as suspension (again), turbo, clutch and timing belt=service were all looming/on way out at the same time 😯
    Galaxy – was bought 20 months ago at 70k, hit 118k this week and I plan on running to the scrappy.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘High mileage motors, what you got and what have you had.?’ is closed to new replies.