Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • High light of this mornings commute.
  • zippykona

Going past a tree I saw something fall into the river.
    A blue kingfisher emerged with a fish in its mouth. I was then able to keep pace with it as it flew along the river.
    Beautiful.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I get loads of owls flying next to me on the NYMs at the moment, they’ll follow for 20-100m then suddenly bomb into the hedge/field. Presumably they’re waiting for me to scare a mouse or something.

29erKeith
    Free Member

I see buzzards quite often on my commute

a few weeks back one glided across the road 4-5m in front of me picked something up from the opposite verge and flew back in front of me I slowed and looked in awe as did the driver of the car which came up just behind me 8)

fourbanger
    Free Member

When I was doing DW training years ago, there used to be a kingfisher that would fly ahead of my boat from tree to tree for miles. Amazing colours on them!

legend
    Free Member

I got to ride through the Clyde Tunnel. It was not beautiful.

kayak23

My commute is under 5 minutes now. I saw a poxy pigeon…

cookeaa

My ride had its moments; I managed to avoid riding through the rermains of smashed up Stella bottle…

I might ride the scenic route tomorrow instead…

sandwicheater

Greggs

ricardo666
    Free Member

Being cut up by a blue transit van this
    morning on myrtle street junction.

theteaboy
    Free Member

I think there had been a massacre on my ride this morning:

Dead badger, dead hedgehogs (2), dead squirrel, dead pheasant. Saw a live Red Kite though.

GrahamS

Wow, a kingfisher would be a great spot.

I’ve seen (unsquashed) owls, fox, rabbit, mouse, rat, pheasant, heron, cormorant, and a fair bit of other stuff on my commute.

There are badger, otter and seal along it too – but I’ve not seen them yet.

Another reason I prefer pleasant cycle paths to riding on the road 😀

brakes
    Free Member

I saw a guy riding a fixie in white flip flops and wondered to myself why we live in such a hideous world

scruff
    Free Member

The other day I saw Lightning from Gladiaitors. I ride past her house most days :stalker:

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My higlight was seeing my boss ahead of me about 1.5 miles from the office. Didn’t want to speak to him, so zoomed past him like he was going backwards. Arrived in the office about 10 mins before he got here, no idea how he was going so slowly.

Yes, a rubbish highlight!

wiltsrider
    Free Member

the teaboy – Member
    I think there had been a massacre on my ride this morning:

Dead badger, dead hedgehogs (2), dead squirrel, dead pheasant. Saw a live Red Kite though.

There’s your answer – The red kite was probably eating a dead hedgehog and the hedgehog’s mate saw it and it all kicked off resulting in a huge street country lane brawl resulting in the carnage you witnessed. Dont mess with red kites.

Sandwich

Plenty of shags and egrets when I cycle up the river path to work. No kingfishers yet.

mattmbk
    Free Member

I spotted our local chemical substance tester in a blue string vest and matching pants rummaging through the chip shops bin.
    He’s Wolverhampton’s answer to the bears you see in Whistler.

zippykona

In the same spot I regularly see some big koi carp. Not on the kingfishers menu though.

njee20
    Free Member

Highlight of mine was that the Sky van that pulled out in front of me looked in his mirror, before having a second go as he immediately turned left 🙄

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘High light of this mornings commute.’ is closed to new replies.