Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • High Five Mum, proud son content.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

My mother started gardening after she retired, now in her mid seventies and wholly self-taught her garden is featured in this months Sottish Field.

She’s the sort of person that if you were forming a tunneling team to escape from Colditz, you’d sign her first, she digs from dawn till dusk. She follows no established plans and just grows the stuff she likes.

itstig

Mums are ace 😆

joat

Can’t think where McM gets his industriousness from!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Can’t think where McM gets his industriousness from!

I’m hope I’m I will have as much energy as her when I’m in my mid seventies, somehow I doubt it.

hora
    Free Member

Blimey, thats a lot of hardwork 😯 Props to your mum 😀

passtherizla
    Free Member

Well done mum! Sounds like my mum and your mum would get on great… is she in the WRI?

birky
    Free Member

Well done her!
    My Mum’s a bit like that too. If it’s a nice day she’ll start in the garden after breakfast and only come in when it gets too dark. She’s 69.
    I reach my boredom threshold after 1/2 hour 🙄

leffeboy

MC chops it down and his mum makes it grow again. Brilliant. Z would love that, need to show her

franksinatra

Does your mum have a whoopass shed for her gardening stuff?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

is she in the WRI?

She’d have a laugh at that, no she’s really an old hippy, the pearl necklace is a disguise.

The greenhouse is a monster of a listed Mackenzie and Moncur that is full so we transplanted my brother’s old greenhouse over from Falkland the other day and it is already full of plants too.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Does she do an open garden, Pete?

andysbikeclinic
    Free Member

Fantastic work mcmoonter’s Mam. Puts my pathetic efforts at gardening to shame.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Does she do an open garden, Pete?

Yes it’s in the Yellow Book and the Scotland’s Gardens site.

http://www.scotlandsgardens.org/gardens/garden/a5b4eedf-e6b4-41c6-ba54-9dfa00ede816

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘High Five Mum, proud son content.’ is closed to new replies.