Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • High end DH bikes… If you had a big wedge burning a hole in your pocket?
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Thant Ancilotti is the best dh bike ive ever seen.

alpineharry
    Free Member

drovercycles – Member
    This, with loads left over for uplifts or whatever?

We've just been given the heads-up about a bargain DH bike – the full team Saracen Myst as ridden to World Cup and World…

Posted by Drover Cycles on Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Or if you want something niche, Transition TR500. If you want carbon (the Saracen has a carbon rear but alloy front) then the Mondraker is a good shout and looks stunning too.

My friend had one of those and cracked the needle bearings. I had a 2012 myst and they are really good though!

AlexSimon

I’ve always liked the Knolly Podium and Banshee Legend.
    Although a park bike might be better like the Banshee Darkside.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevede
    Free Member

I’d love to swing a leg over this http://m.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Pivots-30-8-Pound-Phoenix-Carbon-Downhill-Bike,7869/Pivots-30-8-Pound-Phoenix-Carbon-Downhill-Bike,78836/bturman,109 I probably wouldn’t want it that light but it’s impressive nonetheless. This, the intense M16 or the Mondraker Summum.

chiefgrooveguru

How about one of the Rampage frames that YT are auctioning?

jimjam
    Free Member

stevede – Member

I’d love to swing a leg over this http://m.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Pivots-30-8-Pound-Phoenix-Carbon-Downhill-Bike,7869/Pivots-30-8-Pound-Phoenix-Carbon-Downhill-Bike,78836/bturman,109 I probably wouldn’t want it that light but it’s impressive nonetheless. This, the intense M16 or the Mondraker Summum.

There was a Pivot Phoenix in the pit at Fortwilliam this year with an Ohlins shock (I think it was Kerr’s), not gonna lie I swooned. I didn’t feel nearly as bad when Patrick Thome came over and started drooling over it and giving it a serious car park test.

As for the Summum, everyone I know that’s owned one has been plagued with bearing issues.

Personally I’d probably go for a Demo, I alway like horst link bikes and the Ohlins shock appeals. I’d be curious to try a Gambler though. As for the whole super bling thing, I’ve never really been impressed by that on DH bikes so much as a nice/quality build. I think when you’re talking about a race bike you don’t want sparkles and bling purely for their own sake.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘High end DH bikes… If you had a big wedge burning a hole in your pocket?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts