Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • 'high Ankle Sprain'
  • samj
    Free Member

Hi,

Has anyone experienced a high ankle sprain (cause by twisting out of the foot relative to the leg rather than folding over of the foot). And can comment on time to recovery, and riding during the recovery period etc.

Tia,
    Sam

doubledunter
    Free Member

Really depends on how bad it is, my experience was at the last Tweedlove King & Queen enduro I twisted my foot outwards when the bike slid out from under me catching my foot and really twisting it, the whole bottom of my leg and ankle immediately had swollen, so much so I couldnt put any weight on it whatsoever,proper recovery took over 3 months, Ive broken bones that have healed quicker :/…oh and I still finished the stage seated, hobbled over to the last stage and finished that seated as well #hero 😉

samj
    Free Member

Thanks doubledunter. Interestingly mine was also caused by the bike sliding out from under me, though my problem was cleats too tight. I’ve heard that the time to recovery for such a sprain is a good 6 weeks, even for minor sprains. though thankfully, i can put some weight on the foot…so hopefully at the short end of the scale..

scaredypants

I have nothing to add, except definitely let it recover and consider seeking advice of a physio (or t’internets – maybe even Gluppers himself) for rehab exercises

Major loss of proprioception and really weak ligaments in both my ankles from teenage/early 20s footy and failure to rest properly between sprains that happened with increasing frequency

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘'high Ankle Sprain'’ is closed to new replies.