Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • high and low/speed compresion damping
  • milkyman
    Free Member

so what does it do, I have the adjusters on my forks and they are set as it came, reason for asking is will i notice much if i fiddle with them and that I use most of the travel when I have been out on a ride but I find that the forks sit quite far in to the travel when just going down a smooth hill or under braking, I could put more air in the fork but then I wouldnt get full travel and the way my mind works, if I have 180mm of travel I want to be useing it so by putting more air in im not useing what I have paid for, am I going about this in the wrong way
    cheers
    craig

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Speed refers to that of the suspension movement (fork or shock) not the bike. So more low-speed should make your fork ride higher in it’s travel without limiting maximum travel (which would be as a reaction to a high speed high force input).

benpinnick

Check this out then come back for what you didnt understand… RockShox Suspension Theory on Birdmtb.com

molgrips
    Free Member

the way my mind works, if I have 180mm of travel I want to be useing it so by putting more air in im not useing what I have paid for,

I used to think like that until I stopped and realised the ride was vastly better of I gave upnin another 10mm or so of travel. If I could ride a 180mm fork at its maximum performance I probably would still get Max travel.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘high and low/speed compresion damping’ is closed to new replies.