• This topic has 10 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ajf.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • High 5 4:1 energy drink – does it make anyone else puke??
  • underthesun
    Free Member

Tried it for the first time today and it made me wanna puke all the way round the race. Just wondered if people dilute it more than the instructions say?? Or have other people suffered with it as well?? Seems a shame to have blown £24 on it and its got to go in the bin.

thomthumb
    Free Member

find most energy drinks quite sickly at reccomended concentration.water it doen a bit more.

underthesun
    Free Member

Might be worth a try. Cheers.

catnash
    Free Member

Hope not just had some ordered. Ondansetron on hand just in case…

MS
    Free Member

How many scoopfuls do you put in?

Shandy
    Free Member

I hope not too, I’ve just bought a tub. I find most of the powders are pretty disgusting unless you water them down.

foggy
    Free Member

2 scoops in a 500ml bottle, 3 in a 750. I changed onto this a couple of months ago from SIS stuff and love it. Personally I don’t find it sweet or sickly at all at those concentrations, which I think are the standard ones?

MS
    Free Member

Yeah im the same as foggy. Sometimes put three in for a race, but normalally just two if im using it.

simondbarnes

Never, ever try stuff for the first time in a race. That’s just asking for trouble. Find out which energy products work for you when you’re out on normal rides/training first.

Xan
    Free Member

start with alot less than stated and then as you get used to it work to get closer to what the instructions say. Not sure i would ever go to the full concentrate think it could be too strong.

ajf
    Free Member

bloody horrid stuff! Got a fruity flavour and a milky texture to it which is just wrong in something that you want to taste refreshing.

Doesn’t make me puke, just makes me not drink.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘High 5 4:1 energy drink – does it make anyone else puke??’ is closed to new replies.