Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • HiFi Turntable experts – what does this do?
  • B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The little green button 0 –1 -2, can’t remember, can’t be arsed working it out. 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bias. Arguably unnecessary.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Rega RB250 manual links

Pretty sure one of these links will be the manual you need, probably the early one.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Cheers both, I have no idea what bias is, so probably never knew, I’ll have a look. It’s 30 years old, came on my Michell Engineering Turntable, branded Moth MK1, but yes RichP Rega.

joolsburger
    Free Member

The arm wants to move to the centre of the record because physics this counters that force keeping the needle centred in the groove. 1–2 is grams ROT it should be half the tracking pressure or less usually. I have mine set very low and quite a few people don’t bother at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turntable_anti-skating

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sorry, stoopid link was members only:

Pretty sure that’s a Rega RB250. Follow simple instructions on the PDF. There are some good youtube links on setting up a Rega arm.

DezB
    Free Member

I thought it was the Dire Straits button. switch it and Brothers In Arms sounds like decent music. Mine hasn’t got one, but everyone else’s seems to have :mrgreen:

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I read the info you linked to and it almost certainly is a Rega RB250. Not sure what the Moth MK1 branding was, maybe a Michell Eng. brand or something?.

Cheers Joolsburger.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

DezB, send me your treasured copy and I’ll try it out.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Moth was a rebranding/minor tweak IIRC – everyone used the RB250/300 as there was nothing to touch it unless you spent a lot more.

I never used bias btw

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘HiFi Turntable experts – what does this do?’ is closed to new replies.