Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hifi spannerists help please
  • plop_pants
    Free Member

I’ve got a lovely old Arcam Delta 70.2 that needs a new drawer gear. I’ve found the right replacement on ebay but I don’t think it comes with any instructions.
    Has anyone done this job? Should I leave it to my local Hifi shop?

plop_pants
    Free Member

CD player.

OCB
    Free Member

This probably won’t be any help 🙄 , but … I swapped the tray unit out of my Phillips CD610 on two separate occasions (I’d have done it again, but couldn’t get the bits).

I had no instructions, but just took my time, and handled everything carefully. Have a clean work-space, shut any companion-animals out of the room for a bit (especially cats!), and stop and have a good long careful look if something doesn’t feel right. Decent light, and a clear head will help. Watch out for any odd looking ribbon connectors that might be a PITA to put back together, some of them can be super-fragile, and less flexible than they appear.

Hmm, I guess that’s all just by way of encouragement (but don’t shout if you try it and it goes to pot). If you are careful, and understand how things work in principle, I’m sure it’ll be fine – some people are less temperamentally suited to this kinda thing than others are, which is why hifi repair shops [still] exist.

😉

plop_pants
    Free Member

Thanks OCB. I’ll be scrubbing up beforehand too!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hifi spannerists help please’ is closed to new replies.