Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hicks lodge Leicestershire.
  • Dazmo
    Free Member

Anybody been and what is it like?

fathomer

Pretty lame to be honest, I wouldn’t travel to get there that’s for sure. Gravel track with some bumps and small berms.

Cafe does ace food though!

iain1775
    Free Member

My 2 year old daughter loves it
    Which should give you an idea what it’s like

Dazmo
    Free Member

Thanks for the info peeps.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I live locally and use it for night riding and winter rides when the local trails are all mushed up.

It is badged as a blue trail, but it is just a family orientated route, with some switchbacks and small table tops in places. as mentioned above the surface is gravel all weather – last timer I was there I rode it on my cross bike.

If you are not too far away and want to bring the family they do bike hire and the cafe has great food. Sue makes the best cakes!

Dazmo
    Free Member

I ride out from derby through ticknall Bretby etc and may pull it in as a stop for food so will try one of Sue’s cakes 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

Dazmo
    That’s what I do as well
    if your only Derby then it’s worth the trip out there to see what it’s about
    Like others said its okay on a cross bike or with the family, can do a decent route out there from Derby by linking bridleways (and a couple of cheeky footpaths) together

vdubber67
    Free Member

Was used as a venue for Midlands XC this season, with a bit of new course cut beyond the gravel. Worked well apparently, although I didn’t race.

Useful as a race pace skills loop etc, but not really a full-on destination as such

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hicks lodge Leicestershire.’ is closed to new replies.