Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hicks Lodge – A great place to take the kids biking.
  • gravitykids
    Free Member

We’ve been taking our daughter to Hicks Lodge (just off the M42 near Ashby-de-la-Zouche) for a while now and we never get bored of the place.

It’s a great place for kids to build up their bike skills and have fun.
    The Shell Brook Trail (the most technical trail there) flows lovely and it has terrain that they can push harder as their skills improve.

I’ve added a link with more details below, including a couple of short videos of my daughter (on her first rider there on her new bike).

Click here for more info on Hicks Lodge

There’s also a good kid friendly youth hostel nearby if you want to spend a few days there.

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the info – I’ve thought about going there, and will look into it a bit more seriously now

Suggsey
    Free Member

I go there sometimes just for a few laps in the rain/dry going at full tilt…..its evolving in surroundings now the trees are growing and there’s stacks of wildlife about after dark, just a shame about the strava lines cutting corners that didn’t need cutting folk just need to learn to take tight corners faster. It’s a really good all weather, family friendly, pedalling trail suitable for even Roadbikes and as it is, is actually still a relatively narrow ribbon of singletrack in the main with only one bend that has braking bumps 😆

gravitykids
    Free Member

That’s a great summary Suggsey. If I could write things so concisely my blog posts wouldn’t be half as long.

TiRed

Seconded. My nephew and nieces live close by and it is always a pleasant ride with something for all. Will be perfect once the trees have grown.

Not too far from Cannock if you want to make a weekend of it.

sparkerfix

Cafe’s ok too. Also Conkers quite close by as well as Camping and Caravan Club site. Some gentle riding round there too.

MoreCashThanDash

My kids love it. Really got them into riding, just the right length and twistyness, great Cafe. Seen muntjak deer during the day recently.

Still shocked them when they tried Scottish green routes though!

Recommend the Bee Hive Cafe and camp site at Rosliston as well.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hicks Lodge – A great place to take the kids biking.’ is closed to new replies.