Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hi res images
  • Xylene
    Free Member

I need some high resolution images, of cartoon jungle and animals, to print out n large wall sized stickers.

Where should I be looking for these sort of things? To be printed – 5mx3m and stuck to a nursery wall.

bearnecessities

I’m bloody copyrighted you know.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Internet would be a good start, try an image library or something like flickr – respect the copyright though many people will have a creative commons non commercial use thing up there so free to use for personal stuff.

Xylene
    Free Member

^ had a go online, but struggling to work out how big they can be blown up. Found a few vector images that are usable, and would look good, but cannot get them to blow up large.

timba
    Free Member

Copy onto transparencies, old-school projector (overhead or slide projector), get busy with the emulsion paint

Xylene
    Free Member

^ i could find someone to do that, but I have now mastered resizing them. That wasted a good hour of my day so far.

BenjiM

Why not buy ready made ones?

Amazon

More Amazon

Xylene
    Free Member

I can get 1m2 printed at equivalent of around 3GBP fitted to the wall.

They will go around corners as well, costs a bit more than painting, but is a lot more colourful, and frees up my maintenance team for a day.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Dollar Photo Club has worked for me in the past, more photo-orientated of course but there is some clipart IIRC.

Found a few vector images that are usable, and would look good, but cannot get them to blow up large.

What software are you using to render/print the vector files?

nickjb
    Free Member

Vector images are what you want. They’ll scale to any size.

Xylene
    Free Member

Now using Inkscape as it is free, and appears to work.

Tested it on some of the free images of jungle and farms I have found.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hi res images’ is closed to new replies.