Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • hi, new here
  • alpinestar
    Free Member

hi guys, the names jase from midlands, i ride an alpine 160 2010 and am into freeride/ dh and xc if the lads are out as they arent as nuts as me. on other forums just to meet others who love riding and hooking up for days out all around the country. done all but a few of the 7 stanes, alot around wales and canock chase is my local. heading to morzine to soon so a new experience there.

looking to swap my rear shock ( rp23 boostvalve) to a coil shock so any input great.

Liftman

Welcome to the mad house, note: the majority of the threads on this forum dont or wont relate to anything about mountain bikes :mrgreen:

I also have an alpine, and changed to a fox coil shock, it is a lot plusher with a coil shock.

alpinestar
    Free Member

which did you go for. looking at a van r and the dhx 4. both discounted but want one to be my only shock so can sell the rp23 boostvalve fitted now.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    z1ppy

Indeedy welcome to the mad house, don’t be put off by the constant mickey taking

Welcome to the mad house, note: the majority of the threads posts on this forum dont or wont relate to anything about mountain bikes :mrgreen:

fixed that for ya liftman

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tell me, what’s your opinion of vegan farm sets?

alpinestar
    Free Member

aup mate. is it the done thing to post a pic of my 2 wheeled slut.if so here we go.

lipseal
    Free Member

Does anyone know about toasters and the optium time bread should be in there?

alpinestar
    Free Member

been here 5 mins and my heads already getting **** lol. vegan farm sets, toasters lol. save me some of that strong stuff lads.

thomthumb
    Free Member

welcome.

you’re bike is too clean. please ride it. 😉

lunge

Careful with the language, the mods don’t like it.

Nice carpet BTW.

alpinestar
    Free Member

had alot of time with the snow recently so stripped it and did a full tart up. took the pics for something to do. will put some action shots on shortly. 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Flashy – Is that your way of applying for Sales Director of my new business?

ononeorange

Your coasters aren’t as aligned as some on here would like

fbk
    Free Member

Greetings.

Not sure if it’s in your price range but, a mate of mine rides an Alpine with a CaneCreek Double Barrel and reckons it was worth every penny to upgrade. I can’t comment as I haven’t ridden it though (HTH 🙂 )

alpinestar
    Free Member

will sort them out asap lol. since this pic changed the grips for odi ruffians in lime green and put tioga surefoot mx pro flats on in white. awsome pedals with mega grip.

alpinestar
    Free Member

looked at the ccdb but its a £300 option. big bucks. also looked at an elka stage 5 but they are mega big bucks. the 2 i listed are in the price range but also may go to a van rc, new model for an extra £80

mountainchub
    Free Member

what are they on your pedals? are they…. emmm…. what they called….. emmmm…. reflectors?

LOL sorry couldn’t resist – veryt smart, the pic just helps push me in the direction of an Orange for my new bike later this year!

Welcome aboard!

Ambrose

Welcome alpinestar. There is a longstanding tradition that certain topics are re visited at certain times- e.g. “what tyres for (insert name of place/ style of riding” or “How much is this worth?”. These topics can lead to frustrated comments from some of the members of the community.

As an example of a fast moving topic, perhaps take a look at “Friday A+A”.

And an all time classic is “Agent Picolax”

40mpg

Do you live in an office reception area?

Liking the greenness of things btw 🙂

andrewh
    Free Member

Lipseal, I find setting three works on pretty much all toasters. But I am a ‘warm-bread’ man rather than a ‘charcoal’ man.
    Hope that helps.

Vortexracing

is that a copy of razzle on your coffee table 😆

oh and welcome to the madhouse

Amos
    Free Member

Cushions need straightening, sorry, welcome and good luck you’ll need it…,,,,

lipseal
    Free Member

Just been experimenting with hot cross bun bread (setting 4) it’s rather tasty.

Sorry forgot to say hi, as you can see we can get easily distracted on here, you’ll get the hang of it. 8)

alpinestar
    Free Member

pedals were what orange suply with the bike, crappy. cushions were straight before i started reading my copy of razzle then got distracted setting my meat toaster to high and fast if you know what i mean pmsl. dont know if you meant me living in a reception area, its my conservatory/ bike work shop lol. as for the green, looks stunning. got the green grips now and got a blackspire stinger on order with the green roller to. thought about a hope seat clamp in green but dont know if they do it. can get hope pro 2 in green but arent spending that kind of money when im running them in black now.

alpinestar
    Free Member

got the bike direct from orange, ex magazine demo bike. been out 3 times from new. they fitted new tyres, brake pads, gear cables and bb before i picked it up. rrp was £2800. they wanted £2100. haggled and begged and got it for £1900 including a spare set of super tacky 2.5 high rollers and 2 orange logo fleeces totaling £120 in bits. sweet deal. also a week after i got the bike the shock started playing up so sent it off to orange and got a brand new rp23 replacement so cant complain.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Henry or Dyson?

Woody
    Free Member

Hello and welcome

Nice bike

As no-one has mentioned it, I’m assuming that is your ‘fettling rug’?

TheSwede
    Free Member

Reflectors on pedals fail.
    Cushion infestation.

alpinestar
    Free Member

hard to keep up here. fettling rug? not sure, henry, not dyson. am i making any sense or doesnt it really matter.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hmmm, toaster. Ponders a muffin.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Yet1man
    khani
    Free Member

Henry or Dyson?

We’ve got both a Henry and a ball dyson
    One week of builders dust killed the dyson,, six months of builders dust and Henry is lapping it up, dysons are rubbish!
    Ooooh yes, hello new peep, nice bike 😀

LardLover
    Free Member

Hmmm, Punctuation young man 🙄

(welcome btw 😉 )

BigJohn

Half term already?

Rockplough
    Free Member

Jesus Christ sort those brake levers out.

alpinestar
    Free Member

why bro, you going to be riding it. brakes work fine for me. 😉 🙄

andrewh
    Free Member

Hot cross buns should really be 2, not 4. Up to 6 for crumpets. 3 for everything else. Except potatoe waffles, which need maximum power, and sometimes two goes if it’s a poor toaster.

Rockplough
    Free Member

They look almost vertical. A recipe for pain in my book but whatever floats your boat. Lovely bike though.

elaineanne
    Free Member

hey thats my colour of my bike..you cant have that ! 😉
    lol my son has the orange Alpine 160 with the cane creek coil shock…. bit of a faf to ‘set it up right’ at first but sorted now…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘hi, new here’ is closed to new replies.