• This topic has 13 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Keva.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hi Fi buffs, decent, small speakers that'll not cost a LOAD?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I've some Monitor Audio speakers which are ancient but sound good, but theyr'e BIG. What's good but small & reasonably priced? Ta.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How much is reasonably priced? How small is small

Gale gold monitors £100 at richer sounds? Think they are OK for the price.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I love my JM Lab Tantals, paid £300 ~8yrs ago but they did a £200 one too that still sounded great.
    What's "reasonably priced", in your book?

NZCol

I know i'll get shot for this but I just replaced my rather nice Mission M760 floorstanders with some …. Bose speakers (2 cubes on wall and sub on the floor). Look , I needed to reclaim the space. And I am impressed given their size etc I expected little and got more than that. Quite nice.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have a pair ofthese these in the bathroom – suprisingly good for much cheapness

NZCol

Oh i got mine 2nd hand for $300 as well.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Small and good dont go together when it comes to speakers in my humble opinion…

mboy
    Free Member

What budget are you on? Kinda useless without stating your budget, cos you could spend anywhere from £50 to £5000 or more on a pair of sall stand mount speakers!

audiophile
    Free Member

Second vote for the Gale monitors, they do sound best if positioned away from a wall though. If your putting them on a shelf rather than stands, isolate them with blu-tack or a couple of squash balls cut in half.

audiophile
    Free Member

Or any of B+W's small monitors, they are fantastic.

jond
    Free Member

We've got some B+W speakers recessed in the kitchen ceiling (left by our predecessors) – sound pretty good despite a rubbish location. *And* they're routed 20 or 30 ft from our study with something not much better than bellwire, for the interconnectophiles amongst you 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ok, say £200, with second hand being an option.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Happy Hippy – try listening to the Wilson Audio Duette:

Wilson Audio Duette

I heard a pair of these on the end of a very modest system in KJ West One in London and OMFG they were sublime. They are pretty small relatively speaking.

Keva
    Free Member

Love my Ruark Epilogue speakers but don't know if you can get any for £200 – well worth having a look around for them though.

Kev

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hi Fi buffs, decent, small speakers that'll not cost a LOAD?’ is closed to new replies.