Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • HHO fuel cells, solar panels, wind turbines and other energy systems!
  • kaesae
    Free Member

Anyone use these kinds of systems and is there a way of sorting them out without it costing too much?

Seen some people recently who have HHO systems in their cars and claim that it reduces fuel consumption and I would like to try it out, also like the idea of solar power!

Has anyone tried this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUgUF5M3FTI and is the theory sound?

sbob
    Free Member

is the theory sound?

It’s a scam.
    HTH.

kaesae
    Free Member

I don’t see how it can’t work, you use electricity from the battery to achieve electrolysis then the alternator recharges the battery?

By injecting the Hydrogen into the carburetor you get a more efficient fuel source.

To me the idea seems sounds and it can’t be too hard to produce one of these.

lump

Get your self an EPC and see what is available for you through the Greendeal

nwilko
    Free Member

commercial production of hydrogen for fuel cells uses HUGE amounts of electricty. In your car you will use fuel to power the alternator which will have an associated energy loss, the electricity / electrolysis will have a further loss associated all before youve created any hydrogen..

sbob
    Free Member

Are you serious?

Assuming you are not trolling…

All the power from the battery comes from burning petrol.
    To get energy from water using this method, it takes more energy in petrol than you will produce from the water.

Net energy loss is the result.

sbob
    Free Member

It has also been about twenty years since you could buy a mass produced car with a carburettor.

crikey
    Free Member

Please tell me you don’t actually drive?

nealglover
    Free Member

I don’t see how it can’t work

You aren’t looking hard enough.

(Or at all)

andrewh
    Free Member

All the power from the battery comes from burning petrol.
    To get energy from water using this method, it takes more energy in petrol than you will produce from the water.

Not trolling, but maybe missing something…
    A lot of wasted energy. At any one point less than 100% of the energy released from the fuel is used to make the car go forwards. Can someof the wasted energy be used to make the hydrgen, energy which is then recovered from the hydrogen?

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m going to play about with this over the next couple of years and see what happens, maybe it is a pointless activity but enough people are reporting results to make it worth looking into.

What about solar panels, does anyone use them and what are the most cost effective solutions in relation to energy output also what’s the best way to store the energy.

Surely someone on STW has solar panels or a wind turbine?

Garry_Lager

Before this thread descends into the usual cabbagery, can I just say that I used Kaesae’s 2p method (found on youtube) to free a stubborn proII freehub at the weekend and it worked great.

Ty Kaesae – you may now return to perpetual motion machines.

kaesae
    Free Member

I’m not talking about anything too complexed just solar panels and wind turbines.

Looking at getting a house and I want to bring my energy bills down as much as possible, from what I understand of it you can buy solar panels and kits cheaply.

Does anyone have any info on solar panels or wind turbines to add to this thread?

nealglover
    Free Member

Looking at getting a house and I want to bring my energy bills down as much as possible

Sorting out the insulation (properly) would be a good place to start.

1st – use less energy.
    2nd – make your energy cheaper.

kaesae
    Free Member

I would like to start at this point learning about solar panels and wind turbines.

So that I can be well versed in the sciences and techniques when it comes to installing them.

I already know what kind of insulation I will be using.

nealglover
    Free Member

Sorry to have bothered you.

mr_mills
    Free Member

kaesaeBellend

“Special” grease?

kaesae
    Free Member

Does anyone have any experience with solar panels and are any of the smaller ones worth buying?

Say 75cm by 80cm? all I want it too power at the moment are some lights and to be able to evaluate how much energy is being stored up each day.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘HHO fuel cells, solar panels, wind turbines and other energy systems!’ is closed to new replies.