Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • hg80 11- 28
  • stuarty
    Free Member

Anyone use the hg80 11 – 28
    Do you miss the 32 or 34 tooth
    Using a tripple up front

I must be getting stronger to consider this 😯

mboy
    Free Member

If you’re considering running a closer ratio cassette, I’ll be the first to suggest dropping from 3 rings to 2 (or even 1) up front instead.

You’ll find some people love closer ratio cassettes, but I like most others I’ve spoken to that have tried them find that you’re forever changing gear, and often 2 at a time, and you change rings up front more often as a result too. All a PITA on a mountain bike.

For this reason, maintaining a wide(r) range cassette, and dropping to just 2 rings (or even 1) up front makes more sense…

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

yes i have been using them since january, i very rarely used a 32 and 34 is just silly so no i dont miss them. the only way you will know if it will work for you is to try it.having said that changing from 3 to 2 or 1 chainring has a lot to do with your riding style,if you are a reservation rider who rides for a couple of hours on a saturday and sunday that will look really cool, if 6 hours is a spin or you like a way-in-a-day stick with the triple chainrings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘hg80 11- 28’ is closed to new replies.