Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Hey! You! Gaddafi my cloud.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Anybody watching the Colonel’s outstandingly barmy rant at the mo’?

Torminalis
    Free Member

ooh, link please!

xiphon
    Free Member

Yes, it’s rather amusing.

He’s mental.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ourkidsam
    Free Member

TANGENT!

I heard the news coming from Libya on 6 music the other morning. The track directly after was ‘Rock the Casbah’

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Barking. Its all our fault apparently.. 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So what is he saying?

Markie
    Free Member

He is coming across (IMO) as insane. What chance now a bloodbath, and how for the international community to stop it – maybe (given political difficulty of Western world acting) the Arab world can step in and prevent the situation worsening?

Test of speech given here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog/2011/feb/22/libya-erupts-gaddafi-live-updates

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member
    Barking. Its all our fault apparently..

Oh come on, Essex isn’t that bad….

iDave
    Free Member

he redefines deluded **** insane despot in a most theatrical way

http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just caught a few minutes of it. Fantastic stuff, proper mental.

Apparently he wants to go as a martyr, lets hope he doesn’t manage that and the power shift is bloodless.

MrsToast
    Free Member

So what is he saying?

Basically that the protesters are doing the work of the devil, that the west are instigating naughtiness and lying, etc etc.

wwaswas

Evan Davis sums it up on twitter;

Sometimes, pretending you are mad can be an effective way of intimidating your opponents. But I’m not sure #Gadaffi is pretending.

It is the closest you will ever see to the aliens in Mars Attacks. It would be funny if it wasn’t so tragic.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

William Hague says that the Foreign Office is sending a gunboat!!!

Outstanding. 😆

Wozza
    Free Member

If Colonel Gadaffi is the leader of Libya then why is he still only a Colonel?

and his medals look like he made them himself

Chris Evans this morning, which did make me LOL

grumm
    Free Member

[William Hague] said there were indications that the state structure in Libya was collapsing, and added that a transparent report on violence used on protesters was needed and serious abuses of human rights “must be investigated”.

Is it just me or is the talk of ‘reports’ and ‘investigations’ not really enough? I mean, they are fairly obviously massacring their own people for peacefully protesting – shouldn’t we be trying to stop them?

Where are the yanks when you need them to go in there all gung ho? 😛

MrWoppit
    Free Member

They’re holding back because they’re scared of ernie and fred’s dissapproving wrath…

wwaswas

the west won’t take military action against any arab country now – the extremists will just shout ‘invasion’ and we’ll all be knee deep in suicide bombers.

If other Arab states can’t sort him out he’ll be there until his own army decide enough is enough.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Translation: Obama doesn’t have the bottle.

wwaswas

Obama doesn’t have the bottle

perhaps it takes more ‘bottle’ to look at an already violent situation and decide that adding further force of arms is probably not the best solution?

cranberry
    Free Member

Mr Grumm – are you volunteering to head off to Libya with a trusty old SA80 and a sense of right and wrong, or do you expect others to go in your place ?

iDave
    Free Member

looks like he has the builders in…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Where’s John Wayne when you need him?

Oh, yeah…

s
    Free Member

iDave – Member

looks like he has the builders in…

LOL I was thinking that, need some decco doing.

grumm
    Free Member

Mr Grumm – are you volunteering to head off to Libya with a trusty old SA80 and a sense of right and wrong, or do you expect others to go in your place ?

Well I thought we had a military that usually took care of such things, but sure – I’ll give it a bash.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Gaddafi looks like one of those street entertainers made up to look like a statue, perhaps that’s how he’s hiding out stealth like.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He hasn’t got any supporting cast like Ceaucescu had – running about behind him and trying to find a way out, crowd in front of him shouting Rumanian variations of “Piss off you pillock”…

I suddenly had this image of him in a few hours time – the TV has gone to adverts and everybody else has gone to bed and he’s still ranting on his disastrously undecorated balcony.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

sure – I’ll give it a bash.

Take your bike – I hear there’s some cracking trails over there.

Don’t forget to write and let us know how you get on 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Hey! You! Gaddafi my cloud.’ is closed to new replies.