Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hey it's a tuesday in winter, so show us your XC mount for the year ahead!
  • bratty

Go on cheer us up. I would but it is not built up yet…

And if you like, tell us your racing ambitions too 🙂

mattjg
    Free Member

mount?

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

Bit dirty…

mattjg
    Free Member

Anyway here you go.

My ambition is to be able to turn up to at least 1 race sniffle-free, and to finish in the top 50% of my class.

bratty

Mount?

Not sure if I’m being questioned for using an inuendo or old fashioned terms there, but anyway you know what i mean!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Highest placing of 10th last year so trying to break top 10 in class.

bratty

Singular looks nice, but I#m not sure if it would be as fast as the others so far.

mattjg
    Free Member

Not sure if I’m being questioned for using an inuendo or old fashioned terms there, but anyway you know what i mean!

‘Mount’, up there with ‘Steed’. 😉

Singular looks nice, but I#m not sure if it would be as fast as the others so far.

Depends on the course and the rider, but I find I only lose places (due to spinning out) on flat or downhill road sections. Mostly I’m as quick or quicker on that as on a bouncy geared bike.

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Current XC poppet is Trek Elite, with Pace RC41’s SPXC/Crests, USE plastic finishing kit, rotor cranks and 1x9XTR.

That’s being put to bed now after a couple of years and I’m going to try the Planet X Dirty harry…(Just waiting for the tax man to confirm I’ve done my sums right before I spaff a couple of grand on it!)

My best 24hr Solo last year was 13th at Bontrager…Hoping to match it or better it this year.

mattjg
    Free Member

Also I’m not a podium contender and I enjoy riding it, so I don’t care if it costs me a place or two in the rankings. I duz me best.

It’s worth noting that the series winner of the Merida Brass Monkeys was on the same (more or less) set up.

allthepies
    Free Member

Got a Lurcher frame in the garage awaiting warmer days so the build can commence 🙂

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Mine’s being looked at by Trek to see if the paint crack is in fact, as feared, a more structural one.

Time to test Treks replacement policy again, this being the replacement frame for the original…..

greeble
    Free Member

Here’s mine

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Here’s mine in mud mode

[/url] IMAG0607 by heavy_rat, on Flickr[/img]

bikebouy
    Free Member

There are various pics of MrSchmancy on here and I can’t access Flikr ATM, so all I’m saying is he’s a Sexy NinerSS.

I will be (cough) “competing” in Charlies SSUK13 and wait for it.. HTN.

Both I’m hoping to do well in of course, whether that materialises is in fact down to the other entrants and not my skilz.

Kryton57

I can’t be bothered to post more pics….

But my 22lb enigma ego Ti, Sid, AC Wheels, XT 2×10 probably. My 26lb ASR5 120mm if the going gets hard. yes, I’m a bit of pansy.

Reached top 5 in Trailbreak rides last year 50% in Gorrick’s last year going for top 30% this year. Also go for top 10% in BORS er, sportive, on the ASR 😆

giantx4
    Free Member

Greeble…gotta love the trance!

greeble
    Free Member

thanks, Giantx4 slackened it out with an offset bush and added more travel to the front with 140mm float rc2 taper forks. silly wide flat bars and hope pro3 wheels. it rides great. usually ride DH and this makes me happy.

flange
    Free Member

Aims – finish races, not come last…

nigelb001
    Free Member

Here’s mine, will do me for this year after much upgrade.

No real racing ambitions, just fun!

billyblackheart
    Free Member

Riding that flange you should be knocking podiums!

Very nice.

nedrapier

I was about to say the same: finishes? I should hope so, flange! Very nice indeed.

Here’s mine. It might not look like a typical xc race bike, but it’s…

… pretty light! eh?… !!! 😀

igmc

Edit: “racing ambitions” are to enter a race. maybe even two!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hey it's a tuesday in winter, so show us your XC mount for the year ahead!’ is closed to new replies.